UBS Cuts Price Target on Dollar Tree (DLTR) to $100; Reiterates Buy
- Top 10 News for 10/24 - 10/28: AT&T (T), Time Warner Make it Official; Margins Hamper Apple's Q4; Mergers Aplenty
- Wall St. falls as FBI to review more Clinton emails
- Clinton email problem resurfaces as FBI announces review
- ExxonMobil (XOM) Tops Q3 EPS by 5c; CapEx Light of Views
- Baker Hughes (BHI), General Electric (GE) in Partnership Talks, Not Merger Talks
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 2-week free trial here.
UBS maintained a Buy rating on Dollar Tree (NASDAQ: DLTR), and cut the price target to $100.00 (from $108.00), following the company's 2Q earnings report.
Analyst Michael Lasser commented, "It’s easy to take the view that WMT is becoming trouble for the dollar stores. After all, DG, FDO, & TGT all saw a deceleration in comps & traffic from 1Q to 2Q at the same time WMT saw an improvement in these metrics. However, we don’t think the explanation is that simple. Many other retailers saw the same step-back during 2Q including LOW, TSCO, AAP, ORLY, & WSM. Yet, none of these retailers would really be considered in WMT’s crosshairs. The reality is the retail environment isn’t easy. Overall traffic is in decline & the slightest external factor can disrupt trends. So, we think it’s important to keep DLTR’s performance in perspective in 2Q. While the market seems to be defaulting to the explanation it’s over for the dollar stores, we think the excessive response creates an opportunity to accumulate a compelling LT story at a more attractive valuation."
Shares of Dollar Tree closed at $85.50 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Oppenheimer Raises Price Target on Wex, Inc. (WEX) Following 3Q Report
- Alphabet (GOOGL) (GOOG) PT Raised to $925 at Needham & Company
- Oppenheimer Raises Price Target on Vocera Communications, Inc. (VCRA) to $22
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS Change, Analyst PT Change
Related EntitiesUBS, Earnings
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!