UBS Cuts Price Target on Dollar Tree (DLTR) to $100; Reiterates Buy
- AT&T (T) to Acquire Time Warner (TWX) for $107.50/Share
- Rockwell Collins (COL) to Acquire B/E Aerospace (BEAV) for $6.4B
- China Oceanwide to Acquire Genworth Financial (GNW) for $2.7B
- Top 10 News for 10/17 - 10/21: Merger Rumors Abound; CEOs Depart; Tesla Kicks Autopilot Up A Notch
- Wall Street ends little changed; Microsoft hits record
Get daily under-the-radar research with StreetInsider.com's Stealth Growth Insider Get your 2-Wk Free Trial here.
UBS maintained a Buy rating on Dollar Tree (NASDAQ: DLTR), and cut the price target to $100.00 (from $108.00), following the company's 2Q earnings report.
Analyst Michael Lasser commented, "It’s easy to take the view that WMT is becoming trouble for the dollar stores. After all, DG, FDO, & TGT all saw a deceleration in comps & traffic from 1Q to 2Q at the same time WMT saw an improvement in these metrics. However, we don’t think the explanation is that simple. Many other retailers saw the same step-back during 2Q including LOW, TSCO, AAP, ORLY, & WSM. Yet, none of these retailers would really be considered in WMT’s crosshairs. The reality is the retail environment isn’t easy. Overall traffic is in decline & the slightest external factor can disrupt trends. So, we think it’s important to keep DLTR’s performance in perspective in 2Q. While the market seems to be defaulting to the explanation it’s over for the dollar stores, we think the excessive response creates an opportunity to accumulate a compelling LT story at a more attractive valuation."
Shares of Dollar Tree closed at $85.50 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Imperial Capital Raises Price Target on Proofpoint (PFPT) Following Strong 3Q Results
- PayPal (PYPL) PT Raised to $47 at Credit Suisse; Results Just 'Ok' But Visability Increases Conviction
- RBC Capital Raises Price Target on Danaher (DHR) Following 'Clean' 3Q Report
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS Change, Analyst PT Change
Related EntitiesUBS, Earnings
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!