UBS Cuts Price Target on Dollar Tree (DLTR) to $100; Reiterates Buy
- Donald Trump Sworn in as 45th U.S. President
- Wall Street ends higher as Trump becomes president
- Walgreens Boots Alliance (WBA) Said to Face Antitrust Concern for Rite Aid (RAD) Fix - Bloomberg
- Bristol-Myers Squibb (BMY) Says It Won't Pursue Accelerated U.S. Regulatory Pathway for Opdivo Plus Yervoy in Lung Cancer
- Apple (AAPL) Sues Qualcomm (QCOM) Over Patent Royalties in Antitrust Case - Bloomberg
Find out which companies are about to raise their dividend well before the news hits the Street with StreetInsider.com's Dividend Insider Elite. Sign-up for a FREE trial here.
UBS maintained a Buy rating on Dollar Tree (NASDAQ: DLTR), and cut the price target to $100.00 (from $108.00), following the company's 2Q earnings report.
Analyst Michael Lasser commented, "It’s easy to take the view that WMT is becoming trouble for the dollar stores. After all, DG, FDO, & TGT all saw a deceleration in comps & traffic from 1Q to 2Q at the same time WMT saw an improvement in these metrics. However, we don’t think the explanation is that simple. Many other retailers saw the same step-back during 2Q including LOW, TSCO, AAP, ORLY, & WSM. Yet, none of these retailers would really be considered in WMT’s crosshairs. The reality is the retail environment isn’t easy. Overall traffic is in decline & the slightest external factor can disrupt trends. So, we think it’s important to keep DLTR’s performance in perspective in 2Q. While the market seems to be defaulting to the explanation it’s over for the dollar stores, we think the excessive response creates an opportunity to accumulate a compelling LT story at a more attractive valuation."
Shares of Dollar Tree closed at $85.50 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Skyworks Solutions (SWKS) PT Raised to $105 at Oppenheimer Following 1Q Report
- Carter's (CRI) PT Lowered to $105 at Oppenheimer; Reiterates Outperform
- Checkpoint Software (CHKP) PT Raised to $94 at Stifel Following 4Q Beat
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS Change, Analyst PT Change
Related EntitiesUBS, Earnings
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!