UBS Cuts Price Target on Clorox (CLX) to $111 Following 1Q EPS Miss
- Wall Street again marks new highs in post-election run
- Broadcom Ltd. (AVGO) Tops Q4 EPS by 11c
- Restoration Hardware (RH) Tops Q3 EPS by 4c; Guides Well Below the Street
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers 12/8: (COOL) (TLRD) (DRAM) Higher; (SHIP) (OHRP) (MLSS) Lower
- After-Hours Stock Movers 12/08: (FNSR) (AVGO) (GLPG) Higher; (XTLY) (RH) (DLTH) Lower (more...)
Get the Pulse of the Market with StreetInsider.com's Pulse Picks. Get your Free Trial here.
UBS maintained a Sell rating on Clorox (NYSE: CLX), and cut the price target to $111.00 (from $118.00), following the company's 1Q earnings report. CLX missed EPS, reporting $1.36 compared to consensus of $1.42. CLX lowered FY17 EPS guidance to $5.23-$5.43 (from $5.38-$5.58 prior).
Analyst Stephen Powers commented, "For the second consecutive quarter, CLX missed EPS (delivering Q1:17 EPS of $1.36 vs. UBSe/cons. of $1.41/$1.42). Revenues grew +4.0% (vs. UBSe/cons. of +3.2%/+2.8%) and +6.0% FX-neutral (vs. UBSe +5.5%) on strong volumes (+8.0%) and help from M&A (a ~+2.0% contribution from Renew Life)—however, weaker gross margins (-61 bps vs. of UBSe +20 bps) and higher taxes (32.2% vs. UBSe of 30.5%) weighed on results. Additionally, CLX lowered FY17 EPS guidance to $5.23-$5.43 (from $5.38-$5.58 prior) as it now expects a lower tax benefit (~$0.15) from the adoption of ASU 2016-09, although it maintained underlying FY17 EPS guidance of $5.13-$5.28."
Shares of Clorox closed at $115.67 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- UPDATE: Stifel Downgrades Timken (TKR) to Hold
- Stifel Raises Price Target on Clean Harbors (CLH) to $60; Reiterates Buy
- BMO Capital Cuts Price Target on Comtech Telecom (CMTL) to $16 Following 1Q
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS Change, Analyst EPS View, Analyst PT Change
Related EntitiesUBS, Earnings
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!