UBS Cuts Price Target on CenturyLink (CTL) Following 3Q and Announced Acquisition
- Donald Trump Sworn in as 45th U.S. President
- Wall Street ends higher as Trump becomes president
- Walgreens Boots Alliance (WBA) Said to Face Antitrust Concern for Rite Aid (RAD) Fix - Bloomberg
- Bristol-Myers Squibb (BMY) Says It Won't Pursue Accelerated U.S. Regulatory Pathway for Opdivo Plus Yervoy in Lung Cancer
- Apple (AAPL) Sues Qualcomm (QCOM) Over Patent Royalties in Antitrust Case - Bloomberg
Find out which companies are about to raise their dividend well before the news hits the Street with StreetInsider.com's Dividend Insider Elite. Sign-up for a FREE trial here.
UBS maintained a Buy rating on CenturyLink, Inc. (NYSE: CTL), and cut the price target to $31.00 (from $36.00), following the company's 3Q and announced acquisition of LVLT for $66.50/sh. UBS estimates that this deal would finally bring CTL's top line to stability while synergies would be meaningful. CTL's 3Q results missed estimates largely due to lower legacy revenues. Management suggested 2016 core revenues will be at the low-end of its range while total revenues will be slightly lower than originally expected on lower CPE sales.
Analyst Batya Levi commented, "CTL is acquiring LVLT for $66.50/sh in a 60/40 stock/cash deal, equating to 10.9x 2017E EBITDA vs. 11.5x LVLT paid for TWTC in 2014. Pro forma company would be the 2nd largest player in the business communications space with 20% market share in Enterprise/SME, behind AT&T at 30% and vs. VZ at ~20%. We believe the deal would significantly improve CTL's on-net fiber connectivity and its cost structure."
Shares of CenturyLink, Inc. closed at $26.58 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Skyworks Solutions (SWKS) PT Raised to $105 at Oppenheimer Following 1Q Report
- Union Pacific (UNP) PT Raised to $102 at Stifel Following 4Q Report
- Hilliard Lyons Upgrades Community Trust Bancorp (CTBI) to Neutral
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS Change, Analyst PT Change, Mergers and Acquisitions
Related EntitiesUBS, Definitive Agreement
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!