UBS Cuts Price Target on Campbell Soup (CPB) to $51; Reiterates Sell
- Stocks dip as earnings pour in, consumer discretionary lags
- UPDATE: Alphabet (GOOG) Tops Q3 EPS Views; Revs Strong
- Twitter (TWTR) Tops Q3 EPS by 4c; Announces Restructuring, Workforce Reduction
- Cirrus Logic, Inc. (CRUS) Q2 Results and Guidance Beat Estimates
- Amazon.com (AMZN) Misses Q3 EPS by 26c, Offers Q4 Guidance
Get access to the best calls on Wall Street with StreetInsider.com's Ratings Insider Elite. Get your Free Trial here.
UBS maintained a Sell rating on Campbell Soup (NYSE: CPB), and cut the price target to $51.00 (from $52.00), following the company's 4Q earnings report.
Analyst Steven Strycula commented, "Campbell's stock sell-off is more a reaction to lower FY17 EPS guide ($3.00-$3.09 vs Street $3.14) than weak F4Q C-Fresh profits. CPB's FY17 EPS growth (+2-5% YOY) appears reasonable given cost savings, lower tax rate, buyback plan—but flat to 1% sales guide screens less conservative (vs FY16 -0.5%). On its F4Q call CPB guided soup sales (35% of mix) to grow modestly in FY17, implying an acceleration from CPB's -3.8% in FY16 vs category -2.5%. Our $3.05 FY17 EPS is based on: flat Simple Meals revenue (55% of mix), +1.5% EBIT growth (18.5% margins), and $250m in buybacks."
Shares of Campbell Soup closed at $56.91 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Rosenblatt Upgrades NETGEAR (NTGR) to Buy
- Jefferies Cuts Price Target on Essendant (ESND) to $18 Following EPS Miss
- Needham & Company Reiterates Buy on TTM Technologies (TTMI) Following 3Q
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS Change, Analyst EPS View, Analyst PT Change
Related EntitiesUBS, Earnings
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!