UBS Cuts Price Target on Campbell Soup (CPB) to $51; Reiterates Sell
- Wall Street hits new high as post-election rally roars ahead
- ECB to scale back asset buys as it extends to end-2017
- lululemon athletica (LULU) Tops Q3 EPS by 4c; Adj.-Comps Outpaced Views
- Oil rises above $50 despite doubts over OPEC output cut
- Pre-Open Stock Movers 12/08: (VYGR) (TLRD) (LULU) Higher; (OHRP) (VRNT) (CMTL) Lower (more...)
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
UBS maintained a Sell rating on Campbell Soup (NYSE: CPB), and cut the price target to $51.00 (from $52.00), following the company's 4Q earnings report.
Analyst Steven Strycula commented, "Campbell's stock sell-off is more a reaction to lower FY17 EPS guide ($3.00-$3.09 vs Street $3.14) than weak F4Q C-Fresh profits. CPB's FY17 EPS growth (+2-5% YOY) appears reasonable given cost savings, lower tax rate, buyback plan—but flat to 1% sales guide screens less conservative (vs FY16 -0.5%). On its F4Q call CPB guided soup sales (35% of mix) to grow modestly in FY17, implying an acceleration from CPB's -3.8% in FY16 vs category -2.5%. Our $3.05 FY17 EPS is based on: flat Simple Meals revenue (55% of mix), +1.5% EBIT growth (18.5% margins), and $250m in buybacks."
Shares of Campbell Soup closed at $56.91 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- UBS Cuts Price Target on SecureWorks Corp. (SCWX) to $13
- UPDATE: Stifel Downgrades EMCOR Group (EME) to Hold
- Mizuho Securities Upgrades Tailored Brands (TLRD) to Buy
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS Change, Analyst EPS View, Analyst PT Change
Related EntitiesUBS, Earnings
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!