UBS Cuts Price Target on Calpine Corporation (CPN) to $16 Ahead of 3Q Report
- Top 10 News for 10/17 - 10/21: Merger Rumors Abound; CEOs Depart; Tesla Kicks Autopilot Up A Notch
- Wall Street ends little changed; Microsoft hits record
- AT&T (T) in Advanced Talks to Acquire Time Warner (TWX) - DJ
- Rockwell Automation (ROK) Said to Attract Takeover Interest from Schneider Electric - Source
- British American Tobacco Offers to Acquire Remaining Shares of Reynolds American (RAI) for $56.50/Share
Find out which companies are about to raise their dividend well before the news hits the Street with StreetInsider.com's Dividend Insider Elite. Sign-up for a FREE trial here.
UBS maintained a Buy rating on Calpine Corporation (NYSE: CPN), and cut the price target to $16.00 (from $17.00), ahead of the company's 3Q report. UBS is expecting 3Q EBITDA to be $679 Mn, compared to the Street's $702 Mn estimate.
Analyst Julien Dumoulin-Smith commented, "Looking ahead to 3Q results, we think shares could potentially remain under some pressure in tandem with the rest of the sector as both quarterly estimates and FY17 guidance released by all three peers will be likely weak. We see potential strategic repositioning into both retail and nascent efforts into renewables as received well, but see risks around substantial deleveraging (given ~6x Net Debt/EBITDA) as a key concern across the sector. With the most substantive asset value given willingness to transact, and private market transactions supporting our ~7x EV/EBITDA, we're confident this equity could lead a recovery in the sector."
Shares of Calpine Corporation closed at $12.33 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Imperial Capital Raises Price Target on Proofpoint (PFPT) Following Strong 3Q Results
- Imperial Capital Raises Price Target on American Airlines (AAL) Following 3Q EPS Beat
- Jefferies Cuts Price Target on Boston Beer Co. (SAM) to $140 Following Weak 3Q
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS Change, Analyst PT Change
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!