UBS Cuts Price Target on Calpine Corporation (CPN) to $16 Ahead of 3Q Report
- Stocks dip as earnings pour in, consumer discretionary lags
- UPDATE: Alphabet (GOOG) Tops Q3 EPS Views; Revs Strong
- Twitter (TWTR) Tops Q3 EPS by 4c; Announces Restructuring, Workforce Reduction
- Cirrus Logic, Inc. (CRUS) Q2 Results and Guidance Beat Estimates
- Amazon.com (AMZN) Misses Q3 EPS by 26c, Offers Q4 Guidance
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
UBS maintained a Buy rating on Calpine Corporation (NYSE: CPN), and cut the price target to $16.00 (from $17.00), ahead of the company's 3Q report. UBS is expecting 3Q EBITDA to be $679 Mn, compared to the Street's $702 Mn estimate.
Analyst Julien Dumoulin-Smith commented, "Looking ahead to 3Q results, we think shares could potentially remain under some pressure in tandem with the rest of the sector as both quarterly estimates and FY17 guidance released by all three peers will be likely weak. We see potential strategic repositioning into both retail and nascent efforts into renewables as received well, but see risks around substantial deleveraging (given ~6x Net Debt/EBITDA) as a key concern across the sector. With the most substantive asset value given willingness to transact, and private market transactions supporting our ~7x EV/EBITDA, we're confident this equity could lead a recovery in the sector."
Shares of Calpine Corporation closed at $12.33 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Mizuho Securities Downgrades Community Health (CYH) to Underperform
- PAREXEL (PRXL) PT, Estimates Lowered at Evercore ISI
- Jefferies Raises Price Target on General Dynamics (GD) Following 3Q
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS Change, Analyst PT Change
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!