UBS Cuts Price Target on Abercrombie & Fitch (ANF) Following 3Q Miss
- Top 10 News for 12/2: Crude Rips on OPEC Cut; Starbucks' Schultz Steps Down; Nonfarm Payrolls Flat in Nov.
- Unemployment Rate Drops to 4.6%
- Bond yields fall on U.S. jobs data, euro flat before Italy vote
- Alibaba (BABA) Founder Jack Ma Discuss Plans to Retire; 'I Don't Want to Die at the Office'
- Starbucks Coffee (SBUX) CEO Howard Schultz to Step Down, Appointed Executive Chairman; Kevin Johnson New CEO
Get the Pulse of the Market with StreetInsider.com's Pulse Picks. Get your Free Trial here.
UBS maintained a Neutral rating on Abercrombie & Fitch (NYSE: ANF), and cut the price target to $15.00 (from $18.00), following the company's 3Q earnings report. ANF reported EPS of $0.02, significantly below the Street's $0.21 estimate. Flagship and tourist locations remain challenged at A&F, with international traffic driving the -7pp sequential comp deceleration.
Analyst Michael Binetti commented, "3Q EPS was $0.02, significantly below estimates (UBSe: $0.37, Street $0.21). ANF SSS were worse than expected -6% (UBSe: -3%, Street: -4.3%). 3Q SSS by segment: A&F -14%; Hollister flat; US -5%; Int'l -10%. GM declined -130bp (UBSe: -30bp) on higher promos to clear cold-weather product in a warmer than expected qtr. ANF's -6% comp drove significant SG&A deleverage (240bp vs UBSe: 20bp leverage). ANF has done a good job in recent qtrs of cutting SG&A, but we think further "low hanging fruit" cuts are harder to come by—making the P&L very sensitive to top line trends going fwd."
Shares of Abercrombie & Fitch closed at $14.60 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Jefferies Cuts Price Target on Workday (WDAY) to $71 Following 3Q
- BTIG Cuts PT on Workday (WDAY) to $88 Following Q3 Results; Affirms at 'Buy'
- Jefferies Cuts Price Target on Dollar General (DG) Following 3Q
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS Change, Analyst EPS View, Analyst PT Change
Related EntitiesUBS, Earnings
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!