UBS Bumps Micron (MU) PT to $20
- Wall Street gains, helped by oil, economic data
- Twitter (TWTR) 'Takeover Money' Moves On as 'Trump Money' Moves In
- Buy Any Seasonal Market Weakness Ahead of Year End Rally - Oppenheimer (SPY)
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers 12/5: (NVCN) (BCEI) (MEMP) Higher; (GTXI) (CERC) (HDSN) Lower
- Oil hits 16-month high in buying rush after OPEC agreement
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
UBS analyst Stephen Chin reiterated a Buy rating and boosted his price target on Micron Technology (NASDAQ: MU) to $20.00 (from $17.00) after the company positively preannounced yesterday that its Aug-16 sales and gross margin will be near the higher end of its guidance with implied EPS about $0.09 better than expected.
Chin commented, "We keep a Buy rating as we believe Micron can successfully execute on its DRAM and NAND cost plans and industry conditions are improved. Micron shared that the upside in the quarter was from mobile customer qualifications being completed, it is seeing ASP improvements in the spot and some contract markets, overall demand is strong in mobile and servers, inventory is lean at OEMs and the channel, and slowing industry supply growth. Micron also reported that this positive momentum is continuing in its current Nov-16 quarter, and guided FY16 EPS to "mid-single cents".
The firm raised FY17 and FY18 EPS estimates to $0.68 and $1.40 versus $0.56 and $1.26 previously.
Shares of Micron Technology closed at $17.45 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- UPDATE: Goldman Sachs Downgrades Marvell (MRVL) to Sell
- Micron (MU) PT Raised to $25 at Brean Capital; Upbeat on Low Inventories
- Instinet Raises Price Target on Noble Energy (NBL) to $44; Reiterates Buy
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS Change, Analyst PT Change
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!