UBS Bumps Micron (MU) PT to $20
- Top 10 News for 10/24 - 10/28: AT&T (T), Time Warner Make it Official; Margins Hamper Apple's Q4; Mergers Aplenty
- Wall St. falls as FBI to review more Clinton emails
- Clinton email problem resurfaces as FBI announces review
- ExxonMobil (XOM) Tops Q3 EPS by 5c; CapEx Light of Views
- Baker Hughes (BHI), General Electric (GE) in Partnership Talks, Not Merger Talks
Get access to the best calls on Wall Street with StreetInsider.com's Ratings Insider Elite. Get your Free Trial here.
UBS analyst Stephen Chin reiterated a Buy rating and boosted his price target on Micron Technology (NASDAQ: MU) to $20.00 (from $17.00) after the company positively preannounced yesterday that its Aug-16 sales and gross margin will be near the higher end of its guidance with implied EPS about $0.09 better than expected.
Chin commented, "We keep a Buy rating as we believe Micron can successfully execute on its DRAM and NAND cost plans and industry conditions are improved. Micron shared that the upside in the quarter was from mobile customer qualifications being completed, it is seeing ASP improvements in the spot and some contract markets, overall demand is strong in mobile and servers, inventory is lean at OEMs and the channel, and slowing industry supply growth. Micron also reported that this positive momentum is continuing in its current Nov-16 quarter, and guided FY16 EPS to "mid-single cents".
The firm raised FY17 and FY18 EPS estimates to $0.68 and $1.40 versus $0.56 and $1.26 previously.
Shares of Micron Technology closed at $17.45 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Leerink Partners Downgrades McKesson (MCK) to Market Perform
- Alphabet (GOOGL) (GOOG) PT Raised to $925 at Needham & Company
- Alphabet (GOOGL) (GOOG) Bullish View Reiterated at Mizuho Post Q3, Remains Top Pick
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS Change, Analyst PT Change
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!