Two Reasons Alphabet (GOOG) Could Outperform After Earnings - Nomura
- Netflix, Inc. (NFLX) Tops Q4 EPS by 1c; Subs Beat Views
- S&P 500 ends up slightly with boost from financials; Netflix up late
- Nestle Said Examining Takeover of Mead Johnson (MJN) - Source
- La Quinta Holdings (LQ) Gains on Plan to Split in Two
- After-Hours Stock Movers 01/18: (OCLR) (CSX) (NFLX) Higher; (AMDA) (RCII) (ZYNE) Lower (more...)
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 2-week free trial here.
Nomura Securities analyst, Anthony DiClemente, reiterated his Buy rating on shares of Alphabet (NASDAQ: GOOG) (NASDAQ: GOOGL) and thinks that expectations may be too low for earnings. The analyst believes Street models may imply too much deceleration in 3Q revenue growth. The challenging YoY comparison should be understood by investors gearing the street to expect a ~600bps slowdown in FX-neutral growth, as new ad formats should provide a partial offset.
The analyst believes the company could Outperform for two reasons:
1) prudent expense growth, partially offset by higher TAC and focused incremental investments, should translate into ~70bps YoY margin improvement.
2) a newly authorized share buyback could support investor confidence in the potential for further return of capital
No change to the price target of $925.
Shares of Alphabet closed at $799.37 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- NetEase (NTES) PT Raised To $305 At Goldman Sachs, Maintains Buy
- Deutsche Bank Raises Price Target on IHS Markit (INFO) to $44; Reiterates Buy
- Canadian Pacific Railway (CP) Tops Q4 EPS by CAD$0.23
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS View
Related EntitiesNomura, Earnings
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!