Two Reasons Alphabet (GOOG) Could Outperform After Earnings - Nomura
- Record-setting rally pushes on as S&P ends week up 3 percent
- Trump's Cohn Pick Most Bullish Sign Yet for Banks - Cowen
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers: (IDXG) (INVN) (EBS) Higher; (SCON) (DTEA) (DLTH) Lower (more...)
- 21st Century Fox (FOXA) offers to acquire Sky for GBP10.75/share
- Coca Cola (KO) Announces James Quincey to Succeed Muhtar Kent as CEO; Kent to Continue as Chairman
Get the Pulse of the Market with StreetInsider.com's Pulse Picks. Get your Free Trial here.
Nomura Securities analyst, Anthony DiClemente, reiterated his Buy rating on shares of Alphabet (NASDAQ: GOOG) (NASDAQ: GOOGL) and thinks that expectations may be too low for earnings. The analyst believes Street models may imply too much deceleration in 3Q revenue growth. The challenging YoY comparison should be understood by investors gearing the street to expect a ~600bps slowdown in FX-neutral growth, as new ad formats should provide a partial offset.
The analyst believes the company could Outperform for two reasons:
1) prudent expense growth, partially offset by higher TAC and focused incremental investments, should translate into ~70bps YoY margin improvement.
2) a newly authorized share buyback could support investor confidence in the potential for further return of capital
No change to the price target of $925.
Shares of Alphabet closed at $799.37 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- UBS Cuts Price Target on Restoration Hardware (RH) to $34 Following 3Q
- Argus Downgrades Sonoco Products (SON) to Hold
- Oppenheimer Raises Price Target on CarMax (KMX) to $72 Ahead of 3Q
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS View
Related EntitiesNomura, Earnings
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!