Tractor Supply Company (TSCO) Bullish View Reiterated at Oppenheimer Following CEO Conversation
- AT&T (T) to Acquire Time Warner (TWX) for $107.50/Share
- Rockwell Collins (COL) in Advanced Talks to Acquire B/E Aerospace (BEAV) - WSJ
- Top 10 News for 10/17 - 10/21: Merger Rumors Abound; CEOs Depart; Tesla Kicks Autopilot Up A Notch
- Wall Street ends little changed; Microsoft hits record
- AT&T (T) in Advanced Talks to Acquire Time Warner (TWX) - DJ
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 2-week free trial here.
Oppenheimer analyst Brian Nagel is telling clients Thursday to buy the near-term weakness in Tractor Supply Company (NASDAQ: TSCO) after speaking with CEO Greg Sandfort earlier in the week.
Nagal notes the stock morphed into one of the most volatile and controversial names in the Hardlines group and a number of downgrades at sell-side competitors makes their view "non-consensus."
The analyst notes Sandfort is very respected among investors as a top-notch retail veteran and a key architect of the improved operational and merchandising prowess of Tractor Supply. Nagal left the conversation having more conviction in their positive call on TSCO shares.
A few key takeaways:
1) the recent acquisition of Petsense represents an opportunistic purchase that should over time make for a new, independent growth driver for the company;
2) guidance issued on Sept. 7th takes into consideration numerous headwinds, including weather and spotty economic weakness; and
3) data suggest that behind the effects of ongoing cyclical challenges, the TSCO business continues to perform well.
The firm maintained a Outperform price target of $80, suggesting upside of nearly 20% from current levels.
Shares of Tractor Supply Company closed at $67.24 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Wedbush Cuts Price Target on Tractor Supply (TSCO) to $65 Following 3Q
- Jefferies Cuts Price Target on Reliance Steel (RS) Following 3Q EPS Miss and Guidance
- Tractor Supply (TSCO) Tops Q3 EPS by 1c; Guides In-Line
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments
Related EntitiesDefinitive Agreement
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!