Time Warner (TWX) PT Raised to $108 at BMO Capital
- S&P little changed as energy weighs but financials edge up
- Nestle Said Examining Takeover of Mead Johnson (MJN) - Source
- Fed's Yellen says 'makes sense' to gradually raise interest rates
- UPDATE: Fed Beige Book: Wages gain modestly in most areas amid tight job market
- Mallinckrodt (MNK) Announces FTC Settlement
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
BMO Capital analyst Daniel Salmon raised his price target on Market Perform-rated Time Warner (NYSE: TWX) to $108.00 (from $75.00) after the company agreed to be acquired by AT&T for $107.50 per share.
Salmon commented, " We think there are lots of precedents for regulatory approval of this type of vertical integration (Comcast today, Time Warner of yore pre Cable and AOL spinoffs) and we think there is only a 20% chance of a competing bid topping T's bid. As discussed in our Quarterly Preview, M&A chatter has been active and we expect this deal to keep it frothy, especially in SMID cap Media and especially as CBS and VIAB already appear headed back to the altar."
Shares of Time Warner closed at $89.48 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- BMO Capital Raises Price Target on IHS Markit (INFO) Following 4Q
- Deutsche Bank Downgrades Church & Dwight Co. Inc. (CHD) to Hold
- Jefferies Raises Price Target on Symantec (SYMC) to $27; Reiterates Hold
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst PT Change
Related EntitiesBMO Capital
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!