Time Warner (TWX) PT Raised to $105 at Wedbush
- Top 10 News for 12/2: Crude Rips on OPEC Cut; Starbucks' Schultz Steps Down; Nonfarm Payrolls Flat in Nov.
- Unemployment Rate Drops to 4.6%
- Bond yields fall on U.S. jobs data, euro flat before Italy vote
- Alibaba (BABA) Founder Jack Ma Discuss Plans to Retire; 'I Don't Want to Die at the Office'
- Starbucks Coffee (SBUX) CEO Howard Schultz to Step Down, Appointed Executive Chairman; Kevin Johnson New CEO
Get daily under-the-radar research with StreetInsider.com's Stealth Growth Insider Get your 2-Wk Free Trial here.
Wedbush analyst James Dix raised his price target on Neutral-rated Time Warner (NYSE: TWX) to $105.00 (from $90.00) after the company agreed to be acquired by AT&T.
Dix commented, "AT&T’s $107.50 per share, 50-50 cash-stock (less if T<$37.411, more if >$41.349), is almost 20% above our prior PT, a control premium too good for TWX to pass up. Questions about AT&T’s strategy—now of vertical integration (er, building a better bundle), apparently—, escalating regulatory hurdles for those deciding they want to be Comcast when they grow up, and dynastic control of the other large-cap media companies we cover lead us to see this as a one-time TWX bonanza, not the beginning of a big media gold rush. Candidate Donald Trump has tweeted his opposition to the deal. Trivia—TWX pre-announced 3Q EPS beat."
Shares of Time Warner closed at $89.48 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- UPDATE: AT&T (T) Thinks Time Warner (TWX) Deal Has Good Chance After Talking to Trump's Team - FT
- Cowen Cuts Price Target on Workday (WDAY) Following 3Q
- Jefferies Cuts Price Target on Eros Int'l (EROS) to $18 Following Multi-Year Deal
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst PT Change
Related EntitiesDonald J. Trump
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!