Time Warner (TWX) PT Raised to $105 at Wedbush
- Wall Street falls with financials, other post-election gainers
- The FTC Confirms Antitrust Charges Against Qualcomm (QCOM) for Monopolizing Semiconductor Device Used in Cell Phones
- United Airlines (UAL) Tops Q4 EPS by 5c
- Obama shortens sentence of Manning, who gave secrets to WikiLeaks
- After-Hours Stock Movers 01/17: (SHLO) Higher; (GIMO) (AFAM) (CSX) Lower (more...)
Get the Pulse of the Market with StreetInsider.com's Pulse Picks. Get your Free Trial here.
Wedbush analyst James Dix raised his price target on Neutral-rated Time Warner (NYSE: TWX) to $105.00 (from $90.00) after the company agreed to be acquired by AT&T.
Dix commented, "AT&T’s $107.50 per share, 50-50 cash-stock (less if T<$37.411, more if >$41.349), is almost 20% above our prior PT, a control premium too good for TWX to pass up. Questions about AT&T’s strategy—now of vertical integration (er, building a better bundle), apparently—, escalating regulatory hurdles for those deciding they want to be Comcast when they grow up, and dynastic control of the other large-cap media companies we cover lead us to see this as a one-time TWX bonanza, not the beginning of a big media gold rush. Candidate Donald Trump has tweeted his opposition to the deal. Trivia—TWX pre-announced 3Q EPS beat."
Shares of Time Warner closed at $89.48 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- UPDATE: JPMorgan Downgrades OneMain (OMF) to Neutral
- Alcobra (ADHD) PT Cut to $1.50 at Piper Jaffray as MDX P3 Misses
- Deutsche Bank Starts Illumina (ILMN) at Hold
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst PT Change
Related EntitiesDonald J. Trump
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!