Time Warner (TWX) PT Raised to $102 at Brean Capital
- Futures flat as earnings season gathers pace
- Alibaba (BABA) Tops Q3 EPS by 17c, Revenues Rise 54%
- DuPont (DD) Tops Q4 EPS by 9c; Sees Merger Closing in First Half
- Johnson & Johnson (JNJ) Tops Q4 EPS by 2c; Guides Modestly Below the Street
- Barclays Downgrades Apple (AAPL) to Equalweight, Concerned India/China Will not Emerge As Growth Catalysts
Get the Pulse of the Market with StreetInsider.com's Pulse Picks. Get your Free Trial here.
Brean Capital analyst Alan Gould reiterated a Buy rating and raised his price target on Time Warner (NYSE: TWX) to $102.00 (from $93.00) after the company agreed to be acquired by AT&T for $107.50 per share.
Gould commented, "AT&T is paying $107.50 for TWX, about a market multiple on earnings. We believe T is buying TWX primarily for its Warner Brothers content assets and the premium HBO network and do not believe this deal should increase the value of independent cable network companies. The scale and vertical integration of the proposed company could raise NFL and marquis programming costs and increase the value of wireless assets. We expect the deal will pass regulatory scrutiny. It also highlights the value of a single-class share structure and intelligent share repurchases. We raise our target price to $102, a 5% discount to the offer price."
Shares of Time Warner closed at $89.48 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- UPDATE: Macquarie Downgrades SCANA Corp (SCG) to Neutral, Says "We Don't Want To Push Our Luck"
- Jefferies Remains Sidelined on Yahoo! (YHOO) Following 4Q Report
- Bank of Marin Bancorp (BMRC) PT Raised to $70 at FIG Partners Following 4Q Report
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst PT Change
Related EntitiesEarnings, Brean Capital
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!