Time Warner (TWX): Cutting Estimates Ahead Of Earnings
- Wall Street again marks new highs in post-election run
- Broadcom Ltd. (AVGO) Tops Q4 EPS by 11c
- Restoration Hardware (RH) Tops Q3 EPS by 4c; Guides Well Below the Street
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers 12/8: (COOL) (TLRD) (DRAM) Higher; (SHIP) (OHRP) (MLSS) Lower
- After-Hours Stock Movers 12/08: (FNSR) (AVGO) (GLPG) Higher; (XTLY) (RH) (DLTH) Lower (more...)
Get the Pulse of the Market with StreetInsider.com's Pulse Picks. Get your Free Trial here.
Needham & Company analyst, Laura Martin, reiterated her Hold rating on shares of Time Warner (NYSE: TWX) and cut estimates ahead of earnings.
3Q16 estimates for TWX go to $7.016B in revenue (up 7% y/y and 2% below previous estimates), Adjusted Operating Income of $1.932B (up 5% y/y and 3% below previous estimates), and Adjusted EPS of $1.35 (up 8% y/y and 3% below previous estimates).
The earnings revisions relate to: (i) lower sub growth at HBO to reflect 1H16 growth rates and higher than previously estimated programming and other expenses at HBO; (ii) lower than previously estimated expenses at Turner; and (iii) difficult comparisons at Warner Brothers with 3Q15, which included TV and videogames syndication revenue.
The analyst does not have a published price target.
Shares of Time Warner closed at $78.57 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- BMO Capital Cuts Price Target on Comtech Telecom (CMTL) to $16 Following 1Q
- Allergan (AGN) Ratings, Outlook Affirmed by Fitch
- BMO Capital Raises Price Target on Ciena (CIEN) Following 4Q
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS Change
Related EntitiesNeedham & Company, Earnings
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!