Time Warner (TWX): Cutting Estimates Ahead Of Earnings
- Stocks dip as earnings pour in, consumer discretionary lags
- UPDATE: Alphabet (GOOG) Tops Q3 EPS Views; Revs Strong
- Baker Hughes (BHI), General Electric (GE) in Partnership Talks, Not Merger Talks
- Cirrus Logic, Inc. (CRUS) Q2 Results and Guidance Beat Estimates
- Amazon.com (AMZN) Misses Q3 EPS by 26c, Offers Q4 Guidance
Find out which companies are about to raise their dividend well before the news hits the Street with StreetInsider.com's Dividend Insider Elite. Sign-up for a FREE trial here.
Needham & Company analyst, Laura Martin, reiterated her Hold rating on shares of Time Warner (NYSE: TWX) and cut estimates ahead of earnings.
3Q16 estimates for TWX go to $7.016B in revenue (up 7% y/y and 2% below previous estimates), Adjusted Operating Income of $1.932B (up 5% y/y and 3% below previous estimates), and Adjusted EPS of $1.35 (up 8% y/y and 3% below previous estimates).
The earnings revisions relate to: (i) lower sub growth at HBO to reflect 1H16 growth rates and higher than previously estimated programming and other expenses at HBO; (ii) lower than previously estimated expenses at Turner; and (iii) difficult comparisons at Warner Brothers with 3Q15, which included TV and videogames syndication revenue.
The analyst does not have a published price target.
Shares of Time Warner closed at $78.57 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Needham & Company Reiterates Buy on TTM Technologies (TTMI) Following 3Q
- Jefferies Raises Price Target on Planet Fitness (PLNT) Following Solid 3Q
- Western Digital (WDC): Results Even Higher Than Preannouncement - Needham
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS Change
Related EntitiesNeedham & Company, Earnings
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!