Tiffany (TIF) PT Bumped to $91 at Cowen Post Q3; Favorite Luxury Idea
- Donald Trump Sworn in as 45th U.S. President
- Wall Street ends higher as Trump becomes president
- Walgreens Boots Alliance (WBA) Said to Face Antitrust Concern for Rite Aid (RAD) Fix - Bloomberg
- Bristol-Myers Squibb (BMY) Says It Won't Pursue Accelerated U.S. Regulatory Pathway for Opdivo Plus Yervoy in Lung Cancer
- Apple (AAPL) Sues Qualcomm (QCOM) Over Patent Royalties in Antitrust Case - Bloomberg
Get daily under-the-radar research with StreetInsider.com's Stealth Growth Insider Get your 2-Wk Free Trial here.
Cowen analyst Oliver Chen reiterated an Outperform rating and bumped his price target on Tiffany & Co. (NYSE: TIF) to $91.00 (from $90.00) following solid Q3 results. The stock is the firm's favorite luxury idea.
Chen commented, "We're most impressed with fashion jewelry stabilizing in 3Q, and in our view, newness in <$500 (Return to Tiffany Love & Infinity collections) resonating with customers. Also, we believe high degree of service and attractive conversion partially offset traffic disruption from Trump protests to the company's Fifth Avenue flagship. Furthermore, we think guidance is sufficiently conservative given two quarters of beats while TIF has reiterated FY16 outlook. We need to acknowledge commodity costs mixed on as rising precious metal costs may potentially offset lower diamond costs (2-yr turnover rate) going forward, but TIF may have leverage to raise prices to offset margin pressure. We also believe TIF is utilizing current F/X spot rates, and a stronger or weaker dollar could impact tourism flows and pricing trends."
Shares of Tiffany & Co. closed at $78.14 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Union Pacific (UNP) PT Raised to $102 at Stifel Following 4Q Report
- Carter's (CRI) PT Lowered to $105 at Oppenheimer; Reiterates Outperform
- Hilliard Lyons Upgrades Community Trust Bancorp (CTBI) to Neutral
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS Change, Analyst EPS View, Analyst PT Change
Related EntitiesRaising Prices, Cowen & Co
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!