Tiffany (TIF) PT Bumped to $91 at Cowen Post Q3; Favorite Luxury Idea
- Record-setting rally pushes on as S&P ends week up 3 percent
- Trump's Cohn Pick Most Bullish Sign Yet for Banks - Cowen
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers: (IDXG) (INVN) (EBS) Higher; (SCON) (DTEA) (DLTH) Lower (more...)
- 21st Century Fox (FOXA) offers to acquire Sky for GBP10.75/share
- Coca Cola (KO) Announces James Quincey to Succeed Muhtar Kent as CEO; Kent to Continue as Chairman
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 2-week free trial here.
Cowen analyst Oliver Chen reiterated an Outperform rating and bumped his price target on Tiffany & Co. (NYSE: TIF) to $91.00 (from $90.00) following solid Q3 results. The stock is the firm's favorite luxury idea.
Chen commented, "We're most impressed with fashion jewelry stabilizing in 3Q, and in our view, newness in <$500 (Return to Tiffany Love & Infinity collections) resonating with customers. Also, we believe high degree of service and attractive conversion partially offset traffic disruption from Trump protests to the company's Fifth Avenue flagship. Furthermore, we think guidance is sufficiently conservative given two quarters of beats while TIF has reiterated FY16 outlook. We need to acknowledge commodity costs mixed on as rising precious metal costs may potentially offset lower diamond costs (2-yr turnover rate) going forward, but TIF may have leverage to raise prices to offset margin pressure. We also believe TIF is utilizing current F/X spot rates, and a stronger or weaker dollar could impact tourism flows and pricing trends."
Shares of Tiffany & Co. closed at $78.14 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Jefferies Raises Price Target on Casey's General Stores (CASY) Following 2Q Earnings Report
- Restoration Hardware (RH) PT Cut to $30 at Cowen
- BMO Capital Raises Price Target on Dollar Tree (DLTR) to $96; Reiterates Market Perform
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS Change, Analyst EPS View, Analyst PT Change
Related EntitiesRaising Prices, Cowen & Co
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!