Tiffany & Co. (TIF): Reiterating Underperform Despite Improving Luxury Trends - Wells Fargo
- Indexes hit record highs as Trump rally continues
- Lower for longer, ECB scales back asset buys
- lululemon athletica (LULU) Tops Q3 EPS by 4c; Adj.-Comps Outpaced Views
- Oil rises above $50 on renewed hopes for output cuts
- LPL Financial (LPLA) Said to Decide to Stay Independent After Reviewing Options - Bloomberg
Find out which companies are about to raise their dividend well before the news hits the Street with StreetInsider.com's Dividend Insider Elite. Sign-up for a FREE trial here.
Wells Fargo analyst, Ike Bucherow, reiterated his Underperform rating on shares of Tiffany & Co. (NYSE: TIF) but raised his price target to $65 from $61 noting that the outlook for TIF’s 2H has "clearly improved" over the past few months as a steady stream of “less negative” luxury data points (global luxury companies, Swiss Watch exports, Asia jewelry market, etc.) has investors more bullish on TIF’s prospects for improving comp trends for the first time in over a year.
However, he isn't ready to raise his estimate since the stock is fully reflecting an improving trend (TIF +33% from the lows vs. SPX +4%). He also points out the following causes for concern: 1) key currencies have moved lower against the USD over the past few months (weakness in JPY/GBP/EUR which represent around 30% of global mix – all down 5-8%) and 2) Donald Trump’s election victory may cause an unforeseen headwind to the business in Q4 - as TIF’s most productive location in the world (their 5th Avenue Flagship which accounts for 20% of U.S. sales) sits next to Trump Tower and is currently surrounded by meaningful disruption which could linger through the holidays (due to increased Trump security and political protesting).
Shares of Tiffany & Co. closed at $75.96 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- UPDATE: Stifel Downgrades Timken (TKR) to Hold
- Stifel Raises Price Target on Clean Harbors (CLH) to $60; Reiterates Buy
- Stifel Reiterates Buy on Selecta Biosciences (SELB) Following Phase l Data Release
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst PT Change
Related EntitiesDonald J. Trump, Wells Fargo
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!