Thermo Fisher Scientific (TMO): Sector Reads Convey Confidence in End-Market Growth - Leerink
- Wall Street falls as investors ready for Trump's inauguration
- IBM (IBM) Tops Q4 EPS by 13c, FY17 EPS Guidance Beats Consensus
- American Express (AXP) Misses Q4 EPS by 7c, FY17 EPS Guidance Tops Views at Mid-Poinit
- Skyworks Solutions (SWKS) Tops Q1 EPS by 3c, Offers Q2 Guidance, Announces Buyback
- After-Hours Stock Movers 01/19: (SWKS) (QRVO) (NVAX) Higher; (AFMD) (SGYP) (IBM) Lower (more...)
Get access to the best calls on Wall Street with StreetInsider.com's Ratings Insider Elite. Get your Free Trial here.
Leerink Partners analyst, Puneet Souda, reiterated his Outperform rating on shares of Thermo Fisher Scientific (NYSE: TMO) after two recent events gave the analyst confidence in TMO's ability to drive ~5% organic sales and double digit EPS growth:
1)Agilent's fourth quarter report delivered 16% biopharma growth, suggesting that as of October 31st (A's off-cycle 4Q16 close), biopharma end-market growth in the sector remains not only healthy but also accelerated at a time when the Street was getting cautious on it
2) meeting with TMO's Senior Director of Investor Relations, Rafael Tajeda, to discuss the overall business which gave the analyst confidence in TMO's ability to deliver, despite any uncertainty caused by the U.S. election and the pending NIH funding appropriations
No change to the price target of $175.
Shares of Thermo Fisher Scientific closed at $148.88 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Netflix (NFLX) PT Raised to $165.00 at Oppenheimer
- Tutor Perini Corporation (TPC) PT Raised to $35.00 at Canaccord Genuity
- Teladoc (TDOC) PT Lowered to $23 at Cantor Fitzgerald Following Offering
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS Change, Analyst PT Change
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!