Thermo Fisher Scientific (TMO): Sector Reads Convey Confidence in End-Market Growth - Leerink
- Wall Street flat as banks gain, utilities drag
- Equinix (EQIX) Announces $3.6B Acquisition of Data Center Portfolio from Verzion (VZ)
- Deal Progress Said to Slow as Johnson & Johnson (JNJ) Puts Actelion (ALIOY) Under Microscope - Source
- Trump Wants to Cancel New Air Force One Order with Boeing (BA)
- Roper Industries (ROP) to acquire Deltek in $2.8B Deal
Get access to the best calls on Wall Street with StreetInsider.com's Ratings Insider Elite. Get your Free Trial here.
Leerink Partners analyst, Puneet Souda, reiterated his Outperform rating on shares of Thermo Fisher Scientific (NYSE: TMO) after two recent events gave the analyst confidence in TMO's ability to drive ~5% organic sales and double digit EPS growth:
1)Agilent's fourth quarter report delivered 16% biopharma growth, suggesting that as of October 31st (A's off-cycle 4Q16 close), biopharma end-market growth in the sector remains not only healthy but also accelerated at a time when the Street was getting cautious on it
2) meeting with TMO's Senior Director of Investor Relations, Rafael Tajeda, to discuss the overall business which gave the analyst confidence in TMO's ability to deliver, despite any uncertainty caused by the U.S. election and the pending NIH funding appropriations
No change to the price target of $175.
Shares of Thermo Fisher Scientific closed at $148.88 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- UPDATE: Stifel Downgrades PennTex Midstream Partners, LP (PTXP) to Hold
- UPDATE: Stifel Downgrades Coca-Cola European Partners (CCE) to Hold
- UPDATE: Stifel Upgrades Green Plains Partners LP (GPP) to Buy
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS Change, Analyst PT Change
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!