Theravance Biopharma (TBPH): Look Ahead To 2017 - Leerink
- Record-setting rally pushes on as S&P ends week up 3 percent
- Trump's Cohn Pick Most Bullish Sign Yet for Banks - Cowen
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers: (IDXG) (INVN) (EBS) Higher; (SCON) (DTEA) (DLTH) Lower (more...)
- 21st Century Fox (FOXA) offers to acquire Sky for GBP10.75/share
- Coca Cola (KO) Announces James Quincey to Succeed Muhtar Kent as CEO; Kent to Continue as Chairman
Get the Pulse of the Market with StreetInsider.com's Pulse Picks. Get your Free Trial here.
Leerink analyst, Geoffrey Porges, reiterated his Outperform rating on shares of Theravance Biopharma (NASDAQ: TBPH) after the company reported a 3Q EPS loss of $0.73 and provided an update about its clinical programs.
Theravance previously guided to lower Vibativ sales of $3.8-4.0mm in recent offering documents, and the reported sales of $3.9mm were below consensus. Management explained that seasonality can impact Vibativ versus other antibiotic medications because Vibativ is administered for hospital-acquired infections that can fluctuate with the rate of surgical admissions during the quarter. The analyst thinks the result is still disappointing given the recent expansion of the sales force from 6 to 50 reps, but the real-world TOUR patient registry data presented at ID (Infectious Diseases) Week in late October should help with awareness. Consequently, he is keeping his existing forecast intact pending further analysis and the performance in 4Q.
No change to the price target of $33.
Shares of Theravance Biopharma closed at $26.15 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Time (TIME): Stuck Until A Deal Is Announced - Wells Fargo
- Oppenheimer Raises Price Target on CarMax (KMX) to $72 Ahead of 3Q
- BMO Capital Raises Price Target on Dollar Tree (DLTR) to $96; Reiterates Market Perform
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS Change, Analyst PT Change, Earnings
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!