Theravance Biopharma (TBPH): Look Ahead To 2017 - Leerink
- Netflix, Inc. (NFLX) Tops Q4 EPS by 1c; Subs Beat Views
- S&P 500 ends up slightly with boost from financials; Netflix up late
- Nestle Said Examining Takeover of Mead Johnson (MJN) - Source
- La Quinta Holdings (LQ) Gains on Plan to Split in Two
- After-Hours Stock Movers 01/18: (OCLR) (CSX) (NFLX) Higher; (AMDA) (RCII) (ZYNE) Lower (more...)
Get access to the best calls on Wall Street with StreetInsider.com's Ratings Insider Elite. Get your Free Trial here.
Leerink analyst, Geoffrey Porges, reiterated his Outperform rating on shares of Theravance Biopharma (NASDAQ: TBPH) after the company reported a 3Q EPS loss of $0.73 and provided an update about its clinical programs.
Theravance previously guided to lower Vibativ sales of $3.8-4.0mm in recent offering documents, and the reported sales of $3.9mm were below consensus. Management explained that seasonality can impact Vibativ versus other antibiotic medications because Vibativ is administered for hospital-acquired infections that can fluctuate with the rate of surgical admissions during the quarter. The analyst thinks the result is still disappointing given the recent expansion of the sales force from 6 to 50 reps, but the real-world TOUR patient registry data presented at ID (Infectious Diseases) Week in late October should help with awareness. Consequently, he is keeping his existing forecast intact pending further analysis and the performance in 4Q.
No change to the price target of $33.
Shares of Theravance Biopharma closed at $26.15 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Target (TGT) PT, Estimates Cut at Buckingham Research Following Miss
- Jefferies Raises Price Target on Symantec (SYMC) to $27; Reiterates Hold
- UBS Cuts Price Target on Qualcomm (QCOM) Following FTC Complaint
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS Change, Analyst PT Change, Earnings
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!