TherapeuticsMD (TXMD) Short Report 'Sound Like a Rehash', Buy on Weakness - Guggenheim
- Wall Street dips as investors ready for Trump's inauguration
- Western Union (WU) Admits Anti-Money Laundering and Consumer Fraud Violations, Forfeits $586M in Settlement
- Netflix, Inc. (NFLX) Tops Q4 EPS by 1c; Subs Beat Views
- Apple (AAPL) PT Raised to $140 at BofA/Merrill Lynch; iPhone 8 Will be 'Super-Long' Cycle
- Morgan Stanley Upgrades Tesla Motors (TSLA) to Overweight
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 2-week free trial here.
Guggenheim analyst Louise Chen is telling clients to buy TherapeuticsMD (NYSE: TXMD) on today's weakness triggered by a short presentation at the Robin Hood conference. Shares are currently down 15.2%.
Chen said the report, "... sounds like a rehash of a prior short thesis published on the blog site "Seekingalpha.com" in 2014 and 2012. Today's buying opportunity could present an early holiday gift for investors ahead of what we believe will be positive data for TX-001HR in 4Q16, and potential approval for Yuvvexy on its PDUFA date of 5/7/17. We believe these two drugs have blockbuster potential that are underappreciated by the Street."
She added, "The short thesis presented today is similar to the one highlighted in 2014 and 2012, with a little new flavor added to the market opportunity for TXMD's drugs. While it is always difficult to refute sensational claims regarding management, and structure with concrete evidence, we would reinforce that in our view there is nothing inherently wrong with a reverse merger or the management team, and all of this has been disclosed in regulatory filings. Therefore, we prefer to address the concerns raised by the bears around the fundamentals of TXMD by giving our opinion of the market potential of the company's key drugs below"
The firm maintained a Buy rating and price target of $33.00
Shares of TherapeuticsMD closed at $6.79 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Mallinckrodt (MNK) to Pay $100M to Settle FTC, State Charges for Violating Antitrust Laws
- Michael Kors (KORS) calls expiring Friday active
- DryShips (DRYS) Plans 1-for-8 Reverse Stock Split
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Hot Comments, Short Sales, Trader Talk
Related EntitiesDefinitive Agreement, Louise Chen, PDUFA, Guggenheim
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!