The Priceline Group (PCLN) PT Raised to $1625 at Piper Jaffray Amid 'Significant' Q2 EPS Upside
- Futures fall on Brexit worries, Trump's dollar comments
- BAT Reaches Deal to Acquire Reynolds American (RAI) for $49 Billion
- Morgan Stanley (MS) Tops Q4 EPS by 17c
- Trump, Brexit uncertainty hit stocks and dollar, gold jumps
- Noble Energy (NBL) to Acquire Clayton Williams Energy (CWEI) for $2.7B in Cash and Stock
Find out which companies are about to raise their dividend well before the news hits the Street with StreetInsider.com's Dividend Insider Elite. Sign-up for a FREE trial here.
Piper Jaffray analyst Michael Olson reiterated an Overweight rating and lifted his price target on The Priceline Group (NASDAQ: PCLN) to $1,625.00 (from $1,500.00) following significant Q2 upside.
Olson commented, "Priceline reported Q2 upside (bookings and EPS 1% and 10% above Street expectations, respectively) and guided Q3'16 bookings only slightly (3%) below consensus at the midpoint of guidance. Q2 upside was primarily due to resilient booking trends amidst a challenging environment and share gains vs. competitors due to more efficient use of performance based advertising. Q3 guidance is relatively more favorable than Street expectations as concerns were mounting related to weakening Europe travel data, terror attacks, Brexit, and the ongoing CEO transition. While these four issues are not imaginary and could be impactful to Priceline's fundamentals, management provided relatively favorable guidance and it is worth noting that Priceline has beaten the mid-point of EPS guidance by an average of 12% over the past 17 quarters, so this outlook could still prove low. We reiterate our OW; our price target moves to $1,625."
Shares of The Priceline Group closed at $1359.99 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- FBR Capital Remains Bullish on JPMorgan (JPM) Following 4Q EPS Beat
- Canaccord Genuity Starts Kratos Defense & Security (KTOS) at Buy
- Instinet Upgrades RPC Inc. (RES) to Buy
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS Change, Analyst EPS View, Analyst PT Change
Related EntitiesPiper Jaffray, Michael Olson
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!