The Medicines Company (MDCO) Additional Phase 2 Data Confirms Market Potential - Guggenheim
- Top 10 News for 12/2: Crude Rips on OPEC Cut; Starbucks' Schultz Steps Down; Nonfarm Payrolls Flat in Nov.
- Unemployment Rate Drops to 4.6%
- Bond yields slip on U.S. jobs data, euro steady before Italy vote
- Alibaba (BABA) Founder Jack Ma Discuss Plans to Retire; 'I Don't Want to Die at the Office'
- Starbucks Coffee (SBUX) CEO Howard Schultz to Step Down, Appointed Executive Chairman; Kevin Johnson New CEO
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Guggenheim analyst Louise Chen weighed in on The Medicines Company (NASDAQ: MDCO) following additional data on inclisiran, which according to the analyst, confirms the market potential.
Chen commented, "MDCO (BUY, $26.46) presented more detailed Phase 2 ORION-1 data for Inclisiran (ALN-PCSsc) at AHA after reporting positive top-line results earlier this year. We spoke with the company after the data release. The data confirmed the safety profile and showed LDL reduction at 3 months (mean 45%, max 76%) and 6 months (mean 43%, max 81%), which is in line with PCSK9s that are already on the market. KOLs at AHA were impressed by the consistency of response vs. mabs, which have more variability. MDCO's data supports our thesis that its superior dosing (every 3 to 6 months vs. once a month or once every two weeks for approved drugs) and similar efficacy could mean significant market share and blockbuster potential if approved, even though two drugs launched last year. We would also note that Amgen reported more detailed data from its GLAGOV study, underscoring that PCSK9s can also reduce plaque in the arteries, which should drive further uptake of this class of drugs."
Shares of The Medicines Company closed at $36.46 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Galena Biopharma (GALE) PT Raised to $4 at Maxim Group into San Antonio Breast Cancer Symposium
- Jefferies Cuts Price Target on PG&E Corp. (PCG) to $65 Following Rate Case Decision
- Shopify (SHOP): CFO Meetings Indicate Strong Growth Ahead - Wedbush
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, FDA
Related EntitiesLouise Chen, Guggenheim
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!