The Jets Played Well, But Twitter (TWTR) was the Winner - Macquarie
- Energy weighs on S&P, Dow; techs boost Nasdaq
- Equinix (EQIX) Announces $3.6B Acquisition of Data Center Portfolio from Verzion (VZ)
- Trump Wants to Cancel New Air Force One Order with Boeing (BA)
- Roper Industries (ROP) to acquire Deltek in $2.8B Deal
- GoDaddy (GDDY) to Acquire Host Europe Group in ~$1.8B Deal
Find out which companies are about to raise their dividend well before the news hits the Street with StreetInsider.com's Dividend Insider Elite. Sign-up for a FREE trial here.
The Jets may have beaten the Bills but Twitter was the big winner in Thursday's football game. Macquarie analyst, Ben Schachter reiterated his Neutral rating on shares of Twitter, Inc. (NYSE: TWTR) but appears to be warming to the idea that video could provide much needed new direction for the company.
The ads sold directly by TWTR were dynamic as ads shown at the same time during the same break when watching logged in on one device and logged out on another. This bodes well for TWTR’s ability to target ads to users based on user data.
The curated feed of tweets for the stream included tweets with NFL related hashtags or any mentions of the teams or players. The tweets shown were all relevant to the game and were available for both signed in and signed out users. There was only one feed of tweets available while watching the game, but this will likely change as the broadcast progresses, other options could be added like showing only followed accounts or accounts from professional sports media covering the game and giving live analysis.
The analyst stated "The early momentum will be a positive for the stock as well as morale at the company. We expect more data about the initial game will be released soon, but we, and we suspect many others, will think about video and TWTR's potential differently this morning than many of us did yesterday. It is obviously very early, but TWTR needed this first night to go well and it did".
No change to the price target of $17.
Shares of Twitter, Inc. closed at $18.30 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Twitter (TWTR) Acquires Yes Inc and Names Keith Coleman VP of Product
- Twitter (TWTR) 'Takeover Money' Moves On as 'Trump Money' Moves In
- Bristol-Myers Squibb (BMY) Opdivo Showed Encouraging Response and Survival Rates in SCLC Alone or Combined With Yervoy
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!