Teva Pharma (TEVA): Concerns on Generics Overdone - Guggenheim
- Top 10 News for 12/2: Crude Rips on OPEC Cut; Starbucks' Schultz Steps Down; Nonfarm Payrolls Flat in Nov.
- Unemployment Rate Drops to 4.6%
- Bond yields slip on U.S. jobs data, euro steady before Italy vote
- Alibaba (BABA) Founder Jack Ma Discuss Plans to Retire; 'I Don't Want to Die at the Office'
- Starbucks Coffee (SBUX) CEO Howard Schultz to Step Down, Appointed Executive Chairman; Kevin Johnson New CEO
Get access to the best calls on Wall Street with StreetInsider.com's Ratings Insider Elite. Get your Free Trial here.
Guggenheim analyst Louise Chen reiterated a Buy rating and $80 price target on Teva Pharma (NYSE: TEVA) following results. The analyst said concerns that generic sales are disappearing are overdone.
Chen commented, "TEVA reported a 3Q16 beat, underscoring our belief that its execution is still underappreciated. We expect upwards consensus earnings revisions and multiple expansion in '16E+ to drive TEVA shares higher. This could come from: 1) Generic sales and cost synergies not included in TEVA's guidance; 2) Pipeline advancements; and 3) Execution of TEVA's objective to bolster existing franchises through tuck-in deals. This said, the Street continues to be concerned about earnings visibility given headwinds facing TEVA, including: 1) Generic drug pricing pressure; 2) Quality of TEVA's deals; 3) Government investigations; and 4) Lack of organic growth."
Shares of Teva Pharma closed at $41.03 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Teva Pharma (TEVA) Loses Bid to Revive '413, '250, and Third Capaxone Patent in IPR Review - Bloomberg
- Drexel Hamilton Raises Price Target on Workday (WDAY) Following 3Q Beat
- Jefferies Raises Price Target on Ulta Salon (ULTA) to $270; Reiterates Hold
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS View
Related EntitiesEarnings, Louise Chen, Guggenheim
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!