Teva (TEVA): Soft 2Q Underscores Need For Actavis - Piper Jaffray
- Nasdaq hits record; bank earnings validate Wall St. rally
- Intrawest Resorts (SNOW) Exploring a Possible Sale - Reuters
- Alibaba (BABA) Has No Plans to Acquire Rest of Groupon (GRPN) - Source
- Time (TIME) Said to Soon Begin Discussions with Interested Buyers - Bloomberg
- JPMorgan (JPM) Reports Q4 EPS of $1.71
Get access to the best calls on Wall Street with StreetInsider.com's Ratings Insider Elite. Get your Free Trial here.
Piper Jaffray analyst David Amsellem bumped his price target on Teva Pharma (NYSE: TEVA) to $57.00 (from $55.00) but maintained a Neutral rating following Q2 results.
Amsellem commented, "Teva reported 2Q16 non-GAAP diluted EPS of $1.25 on revenue of $5.04B; recall that the company pre-announced results on 7/13/16. Teva also provided more color on why it believes that generic competition on Copaxone 40 mg is not a nearer-term threat. That said, we would still argue that the longer-term earnings growth outlook is murky given that we will see lower court and appellate court decisions in the 2017/2018 timeframe. With TEVA trading at a pro forma 2017 P/E and EV/EBITDA of 9x and 10x, respectively, we continue to believe the potential for further value creation is limited in the absence of M&A (and we believe that it is incumbent upon Teva to significantly bolster the brand commercial portfolio/pipeline). We reiterate our Neutral rating and are raising our PT to $57 from $55 (due to the rolling forward of the discounting period used in our PT calculation)."
Shares of Teva Pharma closed at $55.45 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- UPDATE: RBC Capital Upgrades Colfax Corporation (CFX) to Outperform
- Wells Fargo Upgrades Tiffany & Co. (TIF) to Market Perform; Demand Trends Stabilizing
- Harley-Davidson (HOG): Raising Below Market PT - Wedbush
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS Change, Analyst EPS View, Analyst PT Change
Related EntitiesPiper Jaffray, Earnings
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!