Teva (TEVA): Soft 2Q Underscores Need For Actavis - Piper Jaffray
- Wall St. lower as earnings from some big names disappoint
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers 10/25: (CWEI) (NXTD) (EYES) Higher; (DPRX) (CRBP) (CALA) Lower (more...)
- General Motors (GM) Tops Q3 EPS by 28c
- Procter & Gamble (PG) Tops Q1 EPS by 5c
- DuPont (DD) Tops Q3 EPS by 14c; Boosts FY16 EPS Outlook; Says Continuing to Work with Regulators
Find out which companies are about to raise their dividend well before the news hits the Street with StreetInsider.com's Dividend Insider Elite. Sign-up for a FREE trial here.
Piper Jaffray analyst David Amsellem bumped his price target on Teva Pharma (NYSE: TEVA) to $57.00 (from $55.00) but maintained a Neutral rating following Q2 results.
Amsellem commented, "Teva reported 2Q16 non-GAAP diluted EPS of $1.25 on revenue of $5.04B; recall that the company pre-announced results on 7/13/16. Teva also provided more color on why it believes that generic competition on Copaxone 40 mg is not a nearer-term threat. That said, we would still argue that the longer-term earnings growth outlook is murky given that we will see lower court and appellate court decisions in the 2017/2018 timeframe. With TEVA trading at a pro forma 2017 P/E and EV/EBITDA of 9x and 10x, respectively, we continue to believe the potential for further value creation is limited in the absence of M&A (and we believe that it is incumbent upon Teva to significantly bolster the brand commercial portfolio/pipeline). We reiterate our Neutral rating and are raising our PT to $57 from $55 (due to the rolling forward of the discounting period used in our PT calculation)."
Shares of Teva Pharma closed at $55.45 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Needham & Company Raises Price Target on II-VI, Inc. (IIVI) Following 1Q Beat
- UBS Raises Price Target on Zions Bancorp (ZION) to $29 Following 3Q EPS Beat
- UBS Remains Sidelined on Kindred Healthcare (KND) Ahead of 3Q Report
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS Change, Analyst EPS View, Analyst PT Change
Related EntitiesPiper Jaffray, Earnings
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!