Tesla Motors (TSLA) New Lease Program for Small and Midsized Businesses a Positive, Baird Says
- Allergan (AGN), Valeant (VRX), Pershing Square Enter Litigation Settlement; Special Meeting Date Set
- Pre-Open Stock Movers 9/16: (SINO) (NWBO) (RWLK) Higher; (SIGA) (COOL) (PIP) Lower (more...)
- Hertz Global (HTZ), Icahn Reach Agreement Over Director Appointments
- Washington Prime (WPG) to Acquire Glimcher Realty Trust (GRT) for $14.20/Share
- Apple's (AAPL) New iPhone 6/6+ May Not Hit China Until Early 2015
Baird analyst Ben Kallo reiterated an Outperform rating and $275 price target on Tesla Motors (NASDAQ: TSLA) on news of a leasing program for small and mid-sized businesses.
Kallo's initial reaction is positive: "TSLA’s new financing product should drive demand for TSLA’s Model S and Model X vehicles while allowing the company to make a return on its invested capital. Additionally, the option of introducing asset-backed securities in the future could provide TSLA with another source of low cost capital. Securitization would also allow TSLA to receive upfront cash for its leases which could be deployed for the construction of the Gigafactory or for the production ramp of the Gen III vehicle."
Shares of Tesla Motors closed at $207.52 yesterday.
You May Also Be Interested In
- ISI Group Starts Tesla Motors (TSLA) at Buy
- Buy Tesla (TSLA) on Any Weakness; Global Equities Sees Fundamentals as Intact and Strong
- KeyBanc Starts Gencorp (GY) at Hold
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments
Related EntitiesRobert W Baird, Tesla
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!