Tesla Motors (TSLA) New Lease Program for Small and Midsized Businesses a Positive, Baird Says
- Nike (NKE), Chairman Phil Knight Announce Governance Transactions; Mark Parker Recommended as Successor
- Market Wrap: Greece Set to Default on IMF Payment; Consumer Confidence Gains in June; Nike Plans for Knight Succession
- After-Hours Stock Movers 06/30: (TLOG) (AVAV) (AINV) Higher; (BLDP) (CAMP) Lower (more...)
- Willis Group (WSH), Towers Watson (TW) Enter ~$18B Merger Agreement
- UPDATE: Greece Said to Request Two-Year Bailout Program From ESM (GREK) (NBG)
Baird analyst Ben Kallo reiterated an Outperform rating and $275 price target on Tesla Motors (NASDAQ: TSLA) on news of a leasing program for small and mid-sized businesses.
Kallo's initial reaction is positive: "TSLA’s new financing product should drive demand for TSLA’s Model S and Model X vehicles while allowing the company to make a return on its invested capital. Additionally, the option of introducing asset-backed securities in the future could provide TSLA with another source of low cost capital. Securitization would also allow TSLA to receive upfront cash for its leases which could be deployed for the construction of the Gigafactory or for the production ramp of the Gen III vehicle."
Shares of Tesla Motors closed at $207.52 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Baird Bullish on Tesla Motors (TSLA) Into Q2 Delivery Announcement
- Tesla (TSLA) PT Lifted to $325 at Credit Suisse Amid Solid Volume
- Deutsche Bank Starts Dillard's Inc. (DDS) at Hold
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments
Related EntitiesRobert W Baird, Tesla
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!