Tesla Motors (TSLA) New Lease Program for Small and Midsized Businesses a Positive, Baird Says
- Top 10 News for 8/24 - 8/28: Markets Volatile on Continued China Worries; Revised Q2 GDP Outpaces; Facebook Hits User Activity Milestone
- Buffett's Berkshire Hathaway Discloses ~$4.5B Stake in Phillips 66 (PSX)
- Wall Street ends flat in quiet end to dramatic week
- Carl Icahn files 13D on Freeport-McMoran (FCX)
- Autodesk (ADSK) Tops Q2 EPS by 2c; Issues Light Q3 Outlook
Baird analyst Ben Kallo reiterated an Outperform rating and $275 price target on Tesla Motors (NASDAQ: TSLA) on news of a leasing program for small and mid-sized businesses.
Kallo's initial reaction is positive: "TSLA’s new financing product should drive demand for TSLA’s Model S and Model X vehicles while allowing the company to make a return on its invested capital. Additionally, the option of introducing asset-backed securities in the future could provide TSLA with another source of low cost capital. Securitization would also allow TSLA to receive upfront cash for its leases which could be deployed for the construction of the Gigafactory or for the production ramp of the Gen III vehicle."
Shares of Tesla Motors closed at $207.52 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Tesla (TSLA) May Start Limited Gigafactory Production in H116 - Global Equities
- GameStop (GME) PT Bumped to $57 at Piper Jaffray
- Tesla (TSLA) Model S was Top-Selling EV in West Europe During July
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments
Related EntitiesRobert W Baird, Tesla
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!