Tesla Motors (TSLA) New Lease Program for Small and Midsized Businesses a Positive, Baird Says
- Top 10 News for 10/27 - 10/31: Fed Ends Easing; Q3 was Tough on Social Media Giants; Apple CEO Cook Gets Personal
- With U.S. Fed Taking Foot Off the Pedal, BoJ and Japan's Pension Fund Accelerate
- ExxonMobil (XOM) Tops Q3 EPS by 18c
- AbbVie (ABBV) Tops Q3 EPS by 12c
- UPDATE: Virgin Galactic Reports Anomaly with Spaceship Two; One Fatality Confirmed
Baird analyst Ben Kallo reiterated an Outperform rating and $275 price target on Tesla Motors (NASDAQ: TSLA) on news of a leasing program for small and mid-sized businesses.
Kallo's initial reaction is positive: "TSLA’s new financing product should drive demand for TSLA’s Model S and Model X vehicles while allowing the company to make a return on its invested capital. Additionally, the option of introducing asset-backed securities in the future could provide TSLA with another source of low cost capital. Securitization would also allow TSLA to receive upfront cash for its leases which could be deployed for the construction of the Gigafactory or for the production ramp of the Gen III vehicle."
Shares of Tesla Motors closed at $207.52 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Stifel Trims EPS Est. on Tesla (TSLA) Ahead of Q3 Report; Sees Headwinds from Drivetrain Warranty Expense
- Goldman Sachs Upgrades Incyte (INCY) to Neutral
- Model S Teardown Shows Freescale Semiconductor (FSL) Chips
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments
Related EntitiesRobert W Baird, Tesla
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!