Tesla Motors (TSLA) New Lease Program for Small and Midsized Businesses a Positive, Baird Says
- ADP Employment Change (Apr) 156K vs 195K Expected
- Wall St. opens lower as private jobs data weighs
- The Priceline Group (PCLN) Tops Q1 EPS by 88c; Q2 Guidance Below the Street
- EIA Data Shows 2.78M Barrel Increase in Crude Inventory
- Exclusive: Pfizer approaches Medivation about potential takeover - sources
Baird analyst Ben Kallo reiterated an Outperform rating and $275 price target on Tesla Motors (NASDAQ: TSLA) on news of a leasing program for small and mid-sized businesses.
Kallo's initial reaction is positive: "TSLA’s new financing product should drive demand for TSLA’s Model S and Model X vehicles while allowing the company to make a return on its invested capital. Additionally, the option of introducing asset-backed securities in the future could provide TSLA with another source of low cost capital. Securitization would also allow TSLA to receive upfront cash for its leases which could be deployed for the construction of the Gigafactory or for the production ramp of the Gen III vehicle."
Shares of Tesla Motors closed at $207.52 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Stifel Affirms Tesla (TSLA) at 'Buy' Ahead of Q1 Report; Mix-Shift to Model X Could Bolster Revenue Gains
- Guggenheim Reiterates Buy on Zoetis (ZTS) Following 1Q Beat and Raise
- Baird Cuts Tesla (TSLA) EPS On Light Model X Deliveries, Remains Bullish on No Near Term Capital Need
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments
Related EntitiesRobert W Baird, Tesla
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!