Tesla (TSLA) Proves to Naysayers that it CAN Produce Cars... a Lot of Them - Analyst
- Top 10 News for 10/17 - 10/21: Merger Rumors Abound; CEOs Depart; Tesla Kicks Autopilot Up A Notch
- Wall Street ends flat; Microsoft rallies, healthcare falls
- AT&T (T) in Advanced Talks to Acquire Time Warner (TWX) - DJ
- Rockwell Automation (ROK) Said to Attract Takeover Interest from Schneider Electric - Source
- British American Tobacco Offers to Acquire Remaining Shares of Reynolds American (RAI) for $56.50/Share
Get access to the best calls on Wall Street with StreetInsider.com's Ratings Insider Elite. Get your Free Trial here.
Trip Chowdhry of Global Equities Research, a fervent bull on Tesla (NASDAQ: TSLA), is out pounding the table on the stock today after the company's strong third quarter vehicle delivery numbers.
Tesla reported over the weekend that it delivered approximately 24,500 vehicles in Q3, of which 15,800 were Model S and 8,700 were Model X. This was well above most analysts' expectations. In addition, Tesla said about 5,500 vehicles were in transit to customers at the end of the quarter and it reiterated its guidance of 50,000 vehicles for the second half of 2016.
Chowdhry said the only remaining question on Tesla was 'can they produce cars?' With the results, the company proved that it can produce cars and lots of them, Chowdhry said. Tesla has now established itself as the modern manufacturing powerhouse "Factory-as-a-Product", he said.
"Tesla has made manufacturing SEXY again (Model S, Model 3, Model X and Model Y?)", Chowdhry exclaims.
He also said Tesla's competition is clueless and is stuck in the past way of "Linear Thinking".
He highlighted the three attributes of a Modern Manufacturing Powerhouse, which he calls Tesla:
- "Machine makes Machine"
- "Supply Chain is Dead"..."The rise of Ecosystems and tightly coupled Sub-Systems"
Another amazing stat highlighted by Chowdhry is that Tesla is the only company in the history to grow >70% on a revenue base of $8 billion. Not even Amazon's AWS accomplish this feat.
Shares of Tesla are up 4.5% today to $213.15.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Tesla (TSLA) volatility elevated as shares trade below $200
- PayPal (PYPL) PT Raised to $47 at Credit Suisse; Results Just 'Ok' But Visability Increases Conviction
- Volatility and Volume movement
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Trader Talk
Related EntitiesTesla, Trip Chowdhry, Model 3
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!