Tesla (TSLA) Proves to Naysayers that it CAN Produce Cars... a Lot of Them - Analyst
- Wall Street falls with financials, other post-election gainers
- The FTC Confirms Antitrust Charges Against Qualcomm (QCOM) for Monopolizing Semiconductor Device Used in Cell Phones
- United Airlines (UAL) Tops Q4 EPS by 5c
- Obama shortens sentence of Manning, who gave secrets to WikiLeaks
- After-Hours Stock Movers 01/17: (SHLO) Higher; (GIMO) (AFAM) (CSX) Lower (more...)
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Trip Chowdhry of Global Equities Research, a fervent bull on Tesla (NASDAQ: TSLA), is out pounding the table on the stock today after the company's strong third quarter vehicle delivery numbers.
Tesla reported over the weekend that it delivered approximately 24,500 vehicles in Q3, of which 15,800 were Model S and 8,700 were Model X. This was well above most analysts' expectations. In addition, Tesla said about 5,500 vehicles were in transit to customers at the end of the quarter and it reiterated its guidance of 50,000 vehicles for the second half of 2016.
Chowdhry said the only remaining question on Tesla was 'can they produce cars?' With the results, the company proved that it can produce cars and lots of them, Chowdhry said. Tesla has now established itself as the modern manufacturing powerhouse "Factory-as-a-Product", he said.
"Tesla has made manufacturing SEXY again (Model S, Model 3, Model X and Model Y?)", Chowdhry exclaims.
He also said Tesla's competition is clueless and is stuck in the past way of "Linear Thinking".
He highlighted the three attributes of a Modern Manufacturing Powerhouse, which he calls Tesla:
- "Machine makes Machine"
- "Supply Chain is Dead"..."The rise of Ecosystems and tightly coupled Sub-Systems"
Another amazing stat highlighted by Chowdhry is that Tesla is the only company in the history to grow >70% on a revenue base of $8 billion. Not even Amazon's AWS accomplish this feat.
Shares of Tesla are up 4.5% today to $213.15.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- UPDATE: JPMorgan Downgrades OneMain (OMF) to Neutral
- Stifel Raises Price Target on Las Vegas Sands (LVS) to $66; Reiterates Buy
- Deutsche Bank Starts Danaher (DHR) at Buy
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Trader Talk
Related EntitiesTesla, Trip Chowdhry, Model 3
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!