Tesla (TSLA) Could Achieve 400+ Mile Range with 'Model 100D' - Analyst
- Record-setting rally pushes on as S&P ends week up 3 percent
- Trump's Cohn Pick Most Bullish Sign Yet for Banks - Cowen
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers: (IDXG) (INVN) (EBS) Higher; (SCON) (DTEA) (DLTH) Lower (more...)
- 21st Century Fox (FOXA) offers to acquire Sky for GBP10.75/share
- Coca Cola (KO) Announces James Quincey to Succeed Muhtar Kent as CEO; Kent to Continue as Chairman
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 2-week free trial here.
Global Equities sees a Tesla (Nasdaq: TSLA) Model "100D" achieving an operating range notably above 400 miles. The outlook comes after the firm attended the recent Vehicular Propulsion Technology Summit.
Analyst Trip Chowdhry noted the following:
-- Tesla Model S P100D has EPA range of 315 miles
-- P to D range improvement is between 9% to 10% - we are assuming 9%
-- Adding range improvement of D over P, Tesla Model S 100D will have a range of 343 miles
-- Battery Form Factor improvement of 20700 over 18650 - 15% to 18% - we are assuming 15%
- Adding range improvement of 20700 cell-form-factor over 18650 cell-form-factor,Tesla Model S 100D will have a range of 395 miles
- Please refer to GER 5 part Battery and GigaFactory report for above details...
-- Electric Motor propulsion improvement by increasing Copper Winding Density - we are assuming 10% improvement
- Tesla can easily improve Electric Motor propulsion by increasing Copper Winding Density
- By just making a slight adjustment to the Laminate Winding Machine, Tesla EV Motor propulsion can be improved by 12% to 15%
- Assuming 85% EV Motor Efficiency, we are assuming range improvement of 10%
- Adding EV Motor propulsion improvement, Tesla Model S 100D will have a range of 434 miles
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Tesla (TSLA) Judge reserves ruling on investor's record request - Bloomberg
- BMO Capital Cuts Price Target on Cooper Cos. (COO) Following 4Q Results
- Pivotal Research Upgrades Flowers Foods (FLO) to Hold
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments
Related EntitiesTesla, Trip Chowdhry
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!