Tesla (TSLA) Could Achieve 400+ Mile Range with 'Model 100D' - Analyst
- Top 10 News for 10/24 - 10/28: AT&T (T), Time Warner Make it Official; Margins Hamper Apple's Q4; Mergers Aplenty
- Wall St. falls as FBI to review more Clinton emails
- Clinton email problem resurfaces as FBI announces review
- ExxonMobil (XOM) Tops Q3 EPS by 5c; CapEx Light of Views
- Baker Hughes (BHI), General Electric (GE) in Partnership Talks, Not Merger Talks
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 2-week free trial here.
Global Equities sees a Tesla (Nasdaq: TSLA) Model "100D" achieving an operating range notably above 400 miles. The outlook comes after the firm attended the recent Vehicular Propulsion Technology Summit.
Analyst Trip Chowdhry noted the following:
-- Tesla Model S P100D has EPA range of 315 miles
-- P to D range improvement is between 9% to 10% - we are assuming 9%
-- Adding range improvement of D over P, Tesla Model S 100D will have a range of 343 miles
-- Battery Form Factor improvement of 20700 over 18650 - 15% to 18% - we are assuming 15%
- Adding range improvement of 20700 cell-form-factor over 18650 cell-form-factor,Tesla Model S 100D will have a range of 395 miles
- Please refer to GER 5 part Battery and GigaFactory report for above details...
-- Electric Motor propulsion improvement by increasing Copper Winding Density - we are assuming 10% improvement
- Tesla can easily improve Electric Motor propulsion by increasing Copper Winding Density
- By just making a slight adjustment to the Laminate Winding Machine, Tesla EV Motor propulsion can be improved by 12% to 15%
- Assuming 85% EV Motor Efficiency, we are assuming range improvement of 10%
- Adding EV Motor propulsion improvement, Tesla Model S 100D will have a range of 434 miles
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Tesla (TSLA): Solid Quarter And Commentary, Raising Ests - Baird
- Stocks with call price movement; VALE TSLA
- Tesla (TSLA) Sets New Start Time for Oct. 28th Solar Roof Event
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments
Related EntitiesTesla, Trip Chowdhry
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!