Tesla (TSLA) Autonomous Update Positive for NVIDIA (NVDA) Ecosystem - Mizuho
- Top 10 News for 12/2: Crude Rips on OPEC Cut; Starbucks' Schultz Steps Down; Nonfarm Payrolls Flat in Nov.
- Unemployment Rate Drops to 4.6%
- Bond yields slip on U.S. jobs data, euro steady before Italy vote
- Alibaba (BABA) Founder Jack Ma Discuss Plans to Retire; 'I Don't Want to Die at the Office'
- Starbucks Coffee (SBUX) CEO Howard Schultz to Step Down, Appointed Executive Chairman; Kevin Johnson New CEO
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Mizuho Securities analyst Vijay Rakesh reiterated a Buy rating and $66 price target on NVIDIA (NASDAQ: NVDA) after Tesla (NASDAQ: TSLA) announced a move to L4/L5 using NVIDIA over Mobileye (NASDAQ: MBLY).
Rakesh commented, "Tesla's Elon Musk announcing a future roadmap, noting Tesla car's going forward will use NVDA's Titan GPU away from the MBLY . Assuming all the ~90K cars/year that Tesla builds, it is ~$25M revenue incrementally for NVDA if Tesla outfits all cars. This underlines positive trend for NVDA's GPU implementation. As we have noted the need for fusion solutions drives competition to camera systems with NXPI's Bluebox, Intel's Xeon, XLNX Renesas R-Car among others, but also now raises the bar for other Auto OEMs to accelerate a roadmap to Level 4/5."
Shares of NVIDIA closed at $66.47 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Tesla's (TSLA) Price Target Cut to Street Low of $155 at Cowen
- Jefferies Raises Price Target on Ulta Salon (ULTA) to $270; Reiterates Hold
- JPMorgan Raises Rating on CBOE Holdings (CBOE) to 'Overweight'; Analyst Thinks Bats Technology Will Drive Greater Trading Activity
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!