Tesla (TSLA): There's Headline Risk To Street Estimates - Baird
- Oil steady around $50 on doubts over OPEC output cuts
- lululemon athletica (LULU) Tops Q3 EPS by 4c; Adj.-Comps Outpaced Views
- Costco Wholesale (COST) Tops Q1 EPS by 5c; Comps Up 1%, 2% Ex-Gas
- Universal Health (UHS) Disputes and Denies Conclusions in BuzzFeed Article
- After-Hours Stock Movers 12/07: (VYGR) (LULU) (HRB( Higher; (OHRP) (VRNT) (CMTL) Lower (more...)
Find out which companies are about to raise their dividend well before the news hits the Street with StreetInsider.com's Dividend Insider Elite. Sign-up for a FREE trial here.
Baird analyst, Ben Kallo, reiterated his Outperform rating on shares of Tesla Motors (NASDAQ: TSLA) ahead of earnings but expressed concern that the Street does not fully understand the complexity of the model due to the changes to revenue recognition and incorporation of lease accounting.
The analyst believes there may be headline risk since Street estimates may not have been updated for the change in reported revenue, though he expects positive commentary about production, the construction and ramp of the gigafactory, and overall demand on the Q3 call.
For 2016, the analyst now expects revenue of $6.48B and non-GAAP EPS of ($3.98). For 2017 he expects revenue of $10.4B and non-GAAP EPS of $0.80.
No change to the price target of $338.
Shares of Tesla Motors closed at $202.34 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Mizuho Securities Upgrades Lululemon Athletica Inc. (LULU) to Buy; Sees Upside Continuing
- MKM Partners Raises Price Target on Arista Networks (ANET) Following U.S. Customs and Border Protection Approval
- Credit Suisse Assumes Costco Wholesale (COST) at Outperform; Sees Re-Acceleration in Momentum
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS Change
Related EntitiesRobert W Baird, Tesla, Earnings, Ben Kallo
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!