Tesla (TSLA): There's Headline Risk To Street Estimates - Baird
- Donald Trump Sworn in as 45th U.S. President
- Wall Street ends higher as Trump becomes president
- Walgreens Boots Alliance (WBA) Said to Face Antitrust Concern for Rite Aid (RAD) Fix - Bloomberg
- Bristol-Myers Squibb (BMY) Says It Won't Pursue Accelerated U.S. Regulatory Pathway for Opdivo Plus Yervoy in Lung Cancer
- Apple (AAPL) Sues Qualcomm (QCOM) Over Patent Royalties in Antitrust Case - Bloomberg
Get access to the best calls on Wall Street with StreetInsider.com's Ratings Insider Elite. Get your Free Trial here.
Baird analyst, Ben Kallo, reiterated his Outperform rating on shares of Tesla Motors (NASDAQ: TSLA) ahead of earnings but expressed concern that the Street does not fully understand the complexity of the model due to the changes to revenue recognition and incorporation of lease accounting.
The analyst believes there may be headline risk since Street estimates may not have been updated for the change in reported revenue, though he expects positive commentary about production, the construction and ramp of the gigafactory, and overall demand on the Q3 call.
For 2016, the analyst now expects revenue of $6.48B and non-GAAP EPS of ($3.98). For 2017 he expects revenue of $10.4B and non-GAAP EPS of $0.80.
No change to the price target of $338.
Shares of Tesla Motors closed at $202.34 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- BofA/Merrill Lynch Upgrades CF Industries (CF) to Buy, Says "Consensus Estimates Now Beatable"
- Web.com, Inc. (WEB) PT Raised to $25 at BWS Financial Ahead of 4Q Report
- United Rentals (URI) PT Raised to $130 at Jefferies Ahead of 4Q Report
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS Change
Related EntitiesRobert W Baird, Tesla, Earnings, Ben Kallo
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!