Teens Still Positive on Fitbit (FIT), Waning on GoPro (GPRO) - Piper Jaffray Suvey
- Wall Street falls with financials, other post-election gainers
- The FTC Confirms Antitrust Charges Against Qualcomm (QCOM) for Monopolizing Semiconductor Device Used in Cell Phones
- United Airlines (UAL) Tops Q4 EPS by 5c
- Obama shortens sentence of Manning, who gave secrets to WikiLeaks
- After-Hours Stock Movers 01/17: (SHLO) Higher; (GIMO) (AFAM) (CSX) Lower (more...)
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 2-week free trial here.
Analyst Erinn Murphy commented, "Our data was positive for FIT. 21% of UI teens plan to purchase a fitness tracker in the next six months (vs. 18% of UI teens last Fall). Fitbit is the No. 1 preferred brand within the wearables category capturing 71% of teen preferences—up from 53% last year. Fitbit is also the No. 1 fitness app cited by teens at 22% share. This is a solid move up from No. 3 at 12% share last Fall. On the other hand, while GoPro household ownership was up at 25% vs. 20% last year, fewer teens are citing GoPro on their holiday wish lists. In fact, 0.6% teens (unaided) indicated they want a GoPro--this is down from 1% a year ago."
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- UPDATE: JPMorgan Downgrades OneMain (OMF) to Neutral
- Deutsche Bank Starts Bio-Rad Labs (BIO) at Hold
- UPDATE: JPMorgan Downgrades Navient Corporation (NAVI) to Neutral
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments
Related EntitiesPiper Jaffray, Erinn Murphy
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!