Technical Analysis: Oppenheimer Sees Opportunity in Energy and Technology (XLK) (XLE) (AAPL) (STX) (APA) (more...)
- Donald Trump Sworn in as 45th U.S. President
- Wall Street ends higher as Trump becomes president
- Walgreens Boots Alliance (WBA) Said to Face Antitrust Concern for Rite Aid (RAD) Fix - Bloomberg
- Bristol-Myers Squibb (BMY) Says It Won't Pursue Accelerated U.S. Regulatory Pathway for Opdivo Plus Yervoy in Lung Cancer
- Apple (AAPL) Sues Qualcomm (QCOM) Over Patent Royalties in Antitrust Case - Bloomberg
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 2-week free trial here.
Technical analysts at Oppenheimer believes that the recent reversal of the S&P 500's eight week downtrend signals that the market is beginning a year-end rally. Given long term trends, Oppenheimer sees opportunity in technology and energy.
Oppenheimer analyst Ari Wald commented, "The S&P 500's bullish reversal of its eight-week downtrend is confirming the start of a year-end rally, and cyclical stocks should be owned given resuming strength in the index's long-term trend, in our view. We think the current opportunity is to buy Technology (NYSE: XLK) and Energy (NYSE: XLE) ahead of a breakout."
Oppenheimer's analysts think that Technology should be bought because weakness has been narrowly focused in a few large-cap stocks. They recommend buying: Apple (NASDAQ: AAPL), Seagate (NYSE: STX), Skyworks (NASDAQ: SWKS), Western Digital (NYSE: WDC).
For Energy, while conscious of the US dollar's rally, Oppenheimer is encouraged about a bullish reversal in the sector's long-term trend and recommends investors position for a breakout of a year-long bottoming formation. They recommend buying: Apache (NYSE: APA), Chevron (NYSE: CVX), Halliburton (NYSE: HAL), Helmerich & Payne (NYSE: HP).
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Skyworks Solutions (SWKS) PT Raised to $105 at Oppenheimer Following 1Q Report
- Union Pacific (UNP) PT Raised to $102 at Stifel Following 4Q Report
- TransDigm (TDG) Valeant Comparison 'Nothing New', Tweet Risk Low and Would Use Weakness to Buy - Credit Suisse
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Technicals
Related EntitiesStandard & Poor's
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!