Take-Two Interactive Software (TTWO): Looking Ahead To The Next Red Dead - BMO
- Donald Trump Sworn in as 45th U.S. President
- Wall Street ends higher as Trump becomes president
- Walgreens Boots Alliance (WBA) Said to Face Antitrust Concern for Rite Aid (RAD) Fix - Bloomberg
- Bristol-Myers Squibb (BMY) Says It Won't Pursue Accelerated U.S. Regulatory Pathway for Opdivo Plus Yervoy in Lung Cancer
- Apple (AAPL) Sues Qualcomm (QCOM) Over Patent Royalties in Antitrust Case - Bloomberg
Get access to the best calls on Wall Street with StreetInsider.com's Ratings Insider Elite. Get your Free Trial here.
BMO Capital analyst, Gerrick Johnson, reiterated his Outperform rating on shares of Take-Two Interactive (NASDAQ: TTWO) after the company reported 1Q17 non-GAAP as previously defined (NGPD) loss per share of ($0.34), $0.05 per share wider than our and the Street consensus estimates of ($0.29). The result was within the previously guided range of ($0.30) to ($0.40). The company maintained its FY2017 NGPD EPS guidance of $1.00-$1.25, while lifting NGPD sales guidance by +3%, or $50 million, to $1.55-1.65 billion.
The company saw significant outperformance of Grand Theft Auto 5, as well as overall recurrent digital spending. However, this offset a poor performance by Battleborn, a new IP released in May, which weighed on the results. The company has a strong pipeline for the back half, with Mafia III, Civilization VI, and XCOM 2 for consoles.
For most investors, the key to the story is management's comment that Rockstar, "is hard at work on exciting future projects to be revealed soon." Thus, excitement continues to build for a sequel to Red Dead Redemption and may be beginning to build for the eventual release of Grand Theft Auto 6.
Price target increases to $48.00.
**Shares of TTWO are up 12% since 5/19, when the stock was highlighted in the Stealth Growth Insider newsletter. For a free trial, click here
Shares of Take-Two Interactive closed at $41.37 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Checkpoint Software (CHKP) PT Raised to $94 at Stifel Following 4Q Beat
- UPDATE: SunTrust Robinson Humphrey Downgrades Health Care REIT (HCN) to Hold
- Bassett Furniture (BSET) PT Raised to $28 at Stifel Following 4Q EPS Beat
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS View, Analyst PT Change
Related EntitiesBMO Capital
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!