Take-Two Interactive Software (TTWO): GTA and NBA2K Drive Upside - Baird
- Stocks dip as earnings pour in, consumer discretionary lags
- UPDATE: Alphabet (GOOG) Tops Q3 EPS Views; Revs Strong
- Baker Hughes (BHI), General Electric (GE) in Partnership Talks, Not Merger Talks
- Cirrus Logic, Inc. (CRUS) Q2 Results and Guidance Beat Estimates
- Amazon.com (AMZN) Misses Q3 EPS by 26c, Offers Q4 Guidance
Get the Pulse of the Market with StreetInsider.com's Pulse Picks. Get your Free Trial here.
Baird analyst, Colin Sebastian, reiterated his Outperform rating on shares of Take-Two Interactive (NASDAQ: TTWO) and raised his price target to $43.00 (from $37.00).
Take-Two reported solid F1Q17 results, with non-GAAP revenues of $272.6M above the analyst's expectations of $255.6 million, driven by strong continued performance of GTA V (including record bookings for GTA Online) and NBA 2K along with growth in recurrent consumer spending. On the bottom line, EPS of ($0.34) was in line with guidance, although slightly below the analyst's estimate due in part to higher marketing expenses for Battleborn.
Digital revenue increased 12% Y/Y to $172.1M, while recurrent spending grew 18% Y/Y (57% of digital net revenues), driven by continued strength in GTA Online, NBA2K16, and XCOM 2.
Take-Two's increasing mix of recurring revenues helps add visibility to overall financial performance, consistent with broader industry trends. Also, Take-Two's investments in Asia footprint continue to bear fruit, with NBA2K Online reaching over 32M registered users in China.
Shares of Take-Two Interactive closed at $40.57 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Rosenblatt Upgrades NETGEAR (NTGR) to Buy
- Jefferies Raises Price Target on VMware (VMW) to $91 Following Better Than Expected 3Q
- Jefferies Raises Price Target on Planet Fitness (PLNT) Following Solid 3Q
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS Change, Analyst EPS View, Analyst PT Change
Related EntitiesRobert W Baird
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!