Take-Two (TTWO) Teases New 'Red Dead' Title, But Game Not Expected Until 2018 - Macquarie
- Wall St. rises amid robust earnings, GDP data
- FBI to review more emails related to Clinton's private email use: letter
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers 10/28: (GRVY) (VRTS) (ITGR) Higher; (OPXA) (SNMX) (STON) Lower
- ExxonMobil (XOM) Tops Q3 EPS by 5c; CapEx Light of Views
- Baker Hughes (BHI), General Electric (GE) in Partnership Talks, Not Merger Talks
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Macquarie analyst Ben Schachter weighed in on Take-Two Interactive (NASDAQ: TTWO) after its Rockstar games unit teased a new Red Dead title with two tweets as well as updating its other social media sites to include the images. They expect this is the company's first announcement of a sequel to the 2010 hit Red Dead Redemption, which as of August 2015 had sold 14mm copies.
Schachter expects the game to be released in FY18, as TTWO management has stated the company will typically announce a game 4-8 months before release.
"We currently have 12mm units in our model for the Sept'18 quarter but there could be additional releases alongside the game, such as a reissue of the old game (now backwards compatible on Xbox One) and a possible VR experience on PSVR," he said. "We also expect the game to have features similar to GTA Online, which has been positive for monetizing GTA V three years beyond its release."
Rockstar's last game, GTA V, was teased in a similar way in 2011 but was not released until 2013.
They also think Rockstar has another unannounced title in development, potentially for a new IP.
The firm maintained an Outperform rating and price target of $48 on TTWO.
Shares of Take-Two Interactive closed at $42.69 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Leerink Partners Downgrades McKesson (MCK) to Market Perform
- Oppenheimer Remains Bullish on Expedia (EXPE) Following 3Q
- Leerink Partners Cuts Price Target on Conmed (CNMD) to $43; Reiterates Market Perform
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Rumors
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!