Tableau Software (DATA): Winning The Popular Vote - Wedbush
- Top 10 News for 12/2: Crude Rips on OPEC Cut; Starbucks' Schultz Steps Down; Nonfarm Payrolls Flat in Nov.
- Unemployment Rate Drops to 4.6%
- Bond yields slip on U.S. jobs data, euro steady before Italy vote
- Alibaba (BABA) Founder Jack Ma Discuss Plans to Retire; 'I Don't Want to Die at the Office'
- Starbucks Coffee (SBUX) CEO Howard Schultz to Step Down, Appointed Executive Chairman; Kevin Johnson New CEO
Get daily under-the-radar research with StreetInsider.com's Stealth Growth Insider Get your 2-Wk Free Trial here.
Wedbush analyst, Steve Koenig, reiterated his Outperform rating on shares of Tableau Software (NYSE: DATA) after attending DATA’s 2016 user conference, where he spoke with management at an investor lunch and partners at the show.
The event supported his confidence in DATA’s product differentiation, pace of innovation, and customer satisfaction. However, it also pointed to the many moving parts impacting financial performance, such as the pace of its transition to ratable revenue and the company’s ability to close large expansion deals.
The analyst thinks that at DATA’s current valuation (3.2x EV/FY17E revenue), downside is limited, and if the company can accelerate its pace of license bookings growth from 8% in 3Q, there could be significant upside. DATA’s recruitment of a global sales leader and potential disclosures concerning its multi-year transition plan (e.g., on its 4Q call) could also be positive catalysts.
No change to the price target of $53.00
Shares of Tableau Software closed at $46.20 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Oppenheimer Cuts Price Target on Workday (WDAY) Following 3Q; Reiterates Outperform
- Cowen Cuts Price Target on Workday (WDAY) Following 3Q
- Jefferies Cuts Price Target on Eros Int'l (EROS) to $18 Following Multi-Year Deal
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS View
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!