Tableau Software (DATA): Cutting PT Ahead Of Earnings - Wedbush
- Wall Street rises, buoyed by economic data; Dow sets high
- Twitter (TWTR) 'Takeover Money' Moves On as 'Trump Money' Moves In
- Amazon (AMZN) Could Open Over 2,000 Brick-and Mortar Groceries if Tests Succeed - DJ; Kroger (KR) on Watch
- Buy Any Seasonal Market Weakness Ahead of Year End Rally - Oppenheimer (SPY)
- After-Hours Stock Movers 12/05: (TXMD) (COUP) (BOBE) Higher; (SB) (LXRX) (STWD) Lower (more...)
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 2-week free trial here.
Wedbush analyst, Steve Koenig, reiterated his Outperform rating on shares of Tableau Software (NYSE: DATA) but reduced his price target to $65 from $70.
The analyst remains positive on DATA shares due to valuation (trading at 3.4x EV/FY16E revenue) and the company’s appointment of a senior AWS executive (Adam Selipsky) as CEO in late August. However, he suggests waiting until after 3Q results to gain clarity on the trend for DATA’s ratable bookings mix before accumulating shares.
The 3Q checks suggest that ratable/subscription activity continues to expand modestly. On balance, the checks were positive, but a few contacts saw lower activity levels Y/Y. Quarterly checks were relatively anecdotal, and DATA’s progress with expansion deals sold directly will be more important for results.
DATA has a lot of work to do to build more enterprise selling capability at all levels of its sales organization and the analyst thinks the company has made some progress with a more flexible approach to large deal structures and pricing, which can continue to reaccelerate sales activity from a 1Q trough and create modest revenue upside from current consensus estimates.
Shares of Tableau Software closed at $48.93 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- UPDATE: Goldman Sachs Downgrades Marvell (MRVL) to Sell
- Crocs (CROX) PT, Estimates Trimmed at Susquehanna
- Jefferies Raises Price Target on Illinois Tool Works (ITW) Following Analyst Day
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst PT Change
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!