T-Mobile (TMUS) Potential Capacity Crunch May Slow Momentum vs. Sprint (S) - FBR
- Wall Street again marks new highs in post-election run
- Broadcom Ltd. (AVGO) Tops Q4 EPS by 11c
- Restoration Hardware (RH) Tops Q3 EPS by 4c; Guides Well Below the Street
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers 12/8: (COOL) (TLRD) (DRAM) Higher; (SHIP) (OHRP) (MLSS) Lower
- After-Hours Stock Movers 12/08: (FNSR) (AVGO) (GLPG) Higher; (XTLY) (RH) (DLTH) Lower (more...)
Get the Pulse of the Market with StreetInsider.com's Pulse Picks. Get your Free Trial here.
FBR Capital analyst David Dixon raised his price target on T-Mobile US, (NASDAQ: TMUS) to $54.00 (from $48.00) but maintained a Market Perform rating. Dixon said the company is firing on all cylinder, although a potential capacity crunch may slow momentum relative to Sprint (NYSE: S).
Dixon commented, "An elegant Ericsson and Nokia driven network upgrade plan that from inception created a 10X increase in capacity continues to bear fruit for TMUS, as seen in strong 3Q financial and preannounced subscriber results. The recent launch of the T-Mobile One unlimited plan and market perception of T-Mobile as a value leader are resonating well with consumers, as both net add and churn were well ahead of Street estimates. After more than three years of continuous share taking, we believe TMUS is close to full network capacity. We expect Sprint to build momentum from here, and even though heightened competition has forced both VZ and T to diverge their businesses away from wireless while undergoing a network topology shift that favors edge application processing, storage, and content, we think margin pressure is likely needed for TMUS to gain more market share. As more of the device base are seeded with 700 MHz, this will accelerate the capacity crunch that could stymie momentum. We maintain our Market Perform rating but raise our price target to $54 from $48."
Shares of T-Mobile US, closed at $51.19 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- UPDATE: Stifel Downgrades Timken (TKR) to Hold
- lululemon athletica (LULU): Skeptics Are Quieter - Wedbush
- MKM Partners Raises Price Target on Ollie's Bargain Outlet (OLLI) Following 3Q
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS Change, Analyst EPS View, Analyst PT Change
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!