T-Mobile (TMUS): Takeaways From Management Meetings - Jefferies
- Wall Street dips on Trump protectionism, Qualcomm drag
- Yahoo! (YHOO) Tops Q4 EPS by 4c; Sees Verizon Deal Closing in Q2, Not Q1
- Aetna's (AET) Humana (HUM) Takeover Blocked by Judge as Anticompetative
- Trump signs order withdrawing U.S. from Trans-Pacific trade deal
- After-Hours Stock Movers 1/23: (REXX) (MRCY) (SYNC) Higher; (FSM) (OCUL) (CASC) Lower (more...)
Get daily under-the-radar research with StreetInsider.com's Stealth Growth Insider Get your 2-Wk Free Trial here.
Jefferies analyst, Mike MacCormack, reiterated his Buy rating on shares of T-Mobile US, (NASDAQ: TMUS) after hosting management meetings with T-Mobile Head of Investor Relations, Nils Paellmann. Network capacity continues to expand and the company is taking share from both AT&T and Verizon through a renewed focus on family plans which could offer upside to sub additions.
Deployment of 700Mhz is ongoing, with noticeable churn reduction in recently deployed markets. On the capacity side, efforts to refarm PCS/1900 spectrum for additional LTE builds should span the next 2-3 years, while AWS-3 deployments should begin later this year. Lastly, as the Broadcaster Auction progresses, we expect to see TMUS spend up to $8.3bn ($1.7bn used to acquire 700Mhz spectrum), maintaining the targeted 3-4x leverage target.
The analyst stated "T-Mobile’s recent share gains come with a renewed focus on Family Plans, an area previously dominated by VZ and T. The contracts provide a substantially higher lifetime value, coming with better data attach rates, despite creating some ARPU dilution. We expect gross adds to continue with impressive momentum, particularly as AT&T allows low end subscribers to churn. Although the family share plans are dilutive to ARPU, we believe T-Mobile can offset the pressures as subscribers opt for larger data buckets and unlimited plans."
.price target of $55.00
Shares of T-Mobile US, closed at $47.78 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Silgan (SLGN) to Acquire WestRock's (WRK) Specialty Closures and Dispensing Systems Business for $1.03B
- UPDATE: Seaport Global Securities Upgrades Columbus McKinnon (CMCO) to Buy
- Walgreens Boots Alliance (WBA): Buyback Coming If The Deal Falls Through - Jefferies
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments
Related EntitiesJefferies & Co, S3, Definitive Agreement
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!