Synopsys (SNPS): Path To 27% Operating Margins - RBC
- Futures fall on Trump's protectionist address
- Qualcomm (QCOM) Calls Apple's (AAPL) Claims 'Baseless'
- Unease over Trump sends dollar to one-and-half month low
- Kate Spade (KATE) Said to Attract Interest from Coach (COH) and Michael Kors (KORS) - Bloomberg
- European stocks hit three-week low as Trump reality sets in
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 2-week free trial here.
RBC Capital analyst, Mitch Steves, reiterated his Outperform rating on shares of Synopsys (NASDAQ: SNPS)
The analyst thinks Synopsys should deliver operating margins of 23-24% for CY16 while Cadence is expected to deliver margins of ~26%. There appears to be a disconnect until you adjust for the Software Integrity business. The analyst estimates that the software integrity is losing ~$8M a year today, diluting EPS by a nickel. However, if you strip this business out core Synopsys margins are at 25.2%.
The analyst stated " we think Synopsys has a clear path to sustainable margins of 25%+ and would not be surprised to see numbers work to 26-27% (long-term) if software integrity sees revenue leverage and Semiconductor IP margins expand".
No change to the price target of $66.
Shares of Synopsys closed at $59.62 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- RBC Capital Reiterates Outperform on General Electric (GE) Following 4Q
- Western Digital (WDC): Gross Margin Expansion On The Horizon - RBC
- Jefferies Upgrades Williams Companies (WMB) to Buy
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS View
Related EntitiesRBC Capital
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!