Synopsys (SNPS): Path To 27% Operating Margins - RBC
- Record-setting rally pushes on as S&P ends week up 3 percent
- Trump's Cohn Pick Most Bullish Sign Yet for Banks - Cowen
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers: (IDXG) (INVN) (EBS) Higher; (SCON) (DTEA) (DLTH) Lower (more...)
- 21st Century Fox (FOXA) offers to acquire Sky for GBP10.75/share
- Coca Cola (KO) Announces James Quincey to Succeed Muhtar Kent as CEO; Kent to Continue as Chairman
Get the Pulse of the Market with StreetInsider.com's Pulse Picks. Get your Free Trial here.
RBC Capital analyst, Mitch Steves, reiterated his Outperform rating on shares of Synopsys (NASDAQ: SNPS)
The analyst thinks Synopsys should deliver operating margins of 23-24% for CY16 while Cadence is expected to deliver margins of ~26%. There appears to be a disconnect until you adjust for the Software Integrity business. The analyst estimates that the software integrity is losing ~$8M a year today, diluting EPS by a nickel. However, if you strip this business out core Synopsys margins are at 25.2%.
The analyst stated " we think Synopsys has a clear path to sustainable margins of 25%+ and would not be surprised to see numbers work to 26-27% (long-term) if software integrity sees revenue leverage and Semiconductor IP margins expand".
No change to the price target of $66.
Shares of Synopsys closed at $59.62 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Pivotal Research Upgrades Flowers Foods (FLO) to Hold
- BTIG Starts Mitek Systems (MITK) at Buy
- Broadcom (AVGO) PT Raised to $215 at Oppenheimer
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS View
Related EntitiesRBC Capital
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!