Symantec (SYMC) Remains Undervalued Amid Recent Gains - BTIG
- Banks, telecoms lead Wall Street up; another Dow record
- Western Digital (WDC) Raises Q2 Outlook
- bluebird bio (BLUE) to Offer $200M of Common Stock
- Dave & Buster's Entertainment (PLAY) Tops Q3 EPS by 11c, Raises FY Revenue Guidance
- Deal Progress Said to Slow as Johnson & Johnson (JNJ) Puts Actelion (ALIOY) Under Microscope - Source
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
BTIG affirms its Buy rating and $28 price target on Symantec (Nasdaq: SYMC) amid post-Blue Coat merger gains, still seeing the stock as largely undervalued.
Analyst Joel Fishbien commented,
The stock is up +38% since the announcement of the Blue Coat deal on June 12th (vs. +15% for the rest of our security coverage), implying a re-rating in line with our $2.00 EPS by FY19 thesis. We still believe, though, that the market undervalues the extent of Symantec’s new, “normalized” operational profile. The next twelve months (NTM) mark the integration phase of the Blue Coat transaction, but estimates for the second twelve months (STM) imply material operating leverage (Street assumes +32% y/y op income growth vs. only +7% y/y revenue growth). We believe this “right-sized” cost structure – with an operating margin in the mid-30s – is the true barometer by which the new Symantec should be judged. By this measure, the stock still looks cheap at 7.6x EV/STM EBIT, vs. peers at 15x. A discount near term may be justified in light of pre-deal execution woes. However, we continue to believe that (with Greg Clark at the helm) the initial $550m cost savings target is conservative, and that the stock should continue to re-rate accordingly.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Microsoft (MSFT) and LinkedIn's (LNKD) Proposed Merger Cleared in Europe, with Conditions
- Oppenheimer Raises Price Target on Bob Evans Farms (BOBE) Following 2Q EPS Beat
- Cowen Downgrades Nike (NKE) to Neutral; Sees Lower Guidance
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments
Related EntitiesDefinitive Agreement, BTIG
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!