Symantec (SYMC) PT Raised to $27 at Piper Jaffray on Solid Q1, Outlook
- Banks, telecoms lead Wall Street up; another Dow record
- Western Digital (WDC) Raises Q2 Outlook
- bluebird bio (BLUE) to Offer $200M of Common Stock
- Dave & Buster's Entertainment (PLAY) Tops Q3 EPS by 11c, Raises FY Revenue Guidance
- After-Hours Stock Movers 12/06: (PLAY) (ANTH) (WDC) Higher; (AVAV) (ESV) (BLUE) Lower (more...)
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 2-week free trial here.
Piper Jaffray analyst Andrew Nowinski reiterated an Overweight rating and raised his price target on Symantec (NASDAQ: SYMC) to $27.00 (from $24.00) following solid Q1 results and guidance.
Nowinski commented, "Symantec reported solid FQ1(Jun) results, solidly exceeding the consensus estimates for revenue, OM and EPS. The Enterprise Security segment drove the upside, modestly exceeding the high-end of guidance. Management also said Blue Coat’s July qtr results were ahead of expectations, suggesting the acquisition has not caused any disruption. Looking ahead, we believe Symantec now has a formidable enterprise security portfolio which should drive revenue growth acceleration and margin expansion. The consumer segment also has a number of upcoming catalysts that can put an end to the revenue declines in that segment. Therefore, we reiterate our Overweight rating and raise our price target to $27 (prev $24)."
Shares of Symantec closed at $21.03 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Cowen Downgrades Nike (NKE) to Neutral; Sees Lower Guidance
- UPDATE: Stifel Upgrades Green Plains Partners LP (GPP) to Buy
- UPDATE: Oppenheimer Upgrades Pandora (P) to Outperform
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS Change, Analyst EPS View, Analyst PT Change
Related EntitiesPiper Jaffray, Definitive Agreement
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!