Symantec (SYMC): EPS Blowout on Cost Savings and Merger Benefits - Wells Fargo
- Wall St. rises amid robust GDP data, mixed earnings
- ExxonMobil (XOM) Tops Q3 EPS by 5c; CapEx Light of Views
- Baker Hughes (BHI), General Electric (GE) in Partnership Talks, Not Merger Talks
- AbbVie (ABBV) Tops Q3 EPS by 1c; Boosts FY16 EPS Outlook
- Amazon.com (AMZN) Misses Q3 EPS by 26c, Offers Q4 Guidance
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 2-week free trial here.
Wells Fargo analyst, Gray Powell, reiterated his Market Perform rating on shares of Symantec (NASDAQ: SYMC) and raised the valuation range to $23 - $25 from $19 - $21 after SYMC's FQ1’17 report show 1% upside on revenue and a 16% EPS beat on cost efficiency initiatives and some onetime expense benefits. The company’s FY’17 guidance now includes the recently closed Blue Coat acquisition and appears fractionally higher on an organic basis.
SYMC reported revenue of $884MM vs street of $877.4MM, operating income of $253MM vs our street $223.7MM, and EPS of $0.29 vs street est of $0.25. Enterprise security revenue came in at $481MM vs. $472MM street while consumer security came in at $403 vs. our $402 est and $406.5MM street.
Shares of Symantec closed at $21.03 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Oppenheimer Raises Price Target on Wex, Inc. (WEX) Following 3Q Report
- Alphabet (GOOGL) (GOOG) PT Lifted to $1000 at Oppenheimer
- Leerink Partners Downgrades McKesson (MCK) to Market Perform
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS Change, Analyst EPS View, Analyst PT Change
Related EntitiesWells Fargo, Definitive Agreement
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!