Susquehanna Starts The Trade Desk (TTD) at Positive
- Top 10 News for 10/17 - 10/21: Merger Rumors Abound; CEOs Depart; Tesla Kicks Autopilot Up A Notch
- Wall Street ends little changed; Microsoft hits record
- AT&T (T) in Advanced Talks to Acquire Time Warner (TWX) - DJ
- Rockwell Automation (ROK) Said to Attract Takeover Interest from Schneider Electric - Source
- British American Tobacco Offers to Acquire Remaining Shares of Reynolds American (RAI) for $56.50/Share
Find out which companies are about to raise their dividend well before the news hits the Street with StreetInsider.com's Dividend Insider Elite. Sign-up for a FREE trial here.
Susquehanna initiates coverage on recent IPO The Trade Desk (NASDAQ: TTD) with a Positive rating and a price target of $40.00.
Analyst Shyam Patil highlighted the following:
- Based on our extensive checks with agencies, ad exchanges, SSPs, and publishers, we view The Trade Desk as the top independent DSP in the market, and the primary alternative to Google’s DBM.
- We believe TTD’s focus on technology innovation, superior bid factors and decisioning, data integration and customer-aligned business model have enabled the company to gain meaningful market share over the past two to three years. According to our math, we estimate that TTD has roughly doubled its market share in the U.S. since 2014, from 5% to 10% in 2016, and still has ample room to grow.
- In the U.S. alone, the non-direct RTB market is expected to reach $9 billion in 2016 and grow at a 26% CAGR to reach $14 billion in 2018. In addition to the U.S. opportunity, we believe International (ex U.S.) and programmatic TV will provide further runway for growth.
- Estimates should move higher. Upside to numbers seems likely as TTD should continue to outpace overall RTB market growth. As we detail in our report, our base-case scenario conservatively assumes that TTD only grows slightly above market rates (1.3x in 2017 and 1.2x in 2018), after growing 4x the market in 2015 and currently on track to grow >2x in 2016.
- With positive estimate revisions and continued demonstration of TTD’s market leading offering, we see valuation upside in the $40-$55 range over the next 12-18 months.
Shares of The Trade Desk closed at $30.10 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- UPDATE: Stifel Starts Xenon Pharmaceuticals (XENE) at Buy
- Jefferies Cuts Price Target on Reliance Steel (RS) Following 3Q EPS Miss and Guidance
- RBC Capital Raises Price Target on Benchmark Electronics (BHE) Following In-Line 3Q
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Hot New Coverage, IPOs, New Coverage
Related EntitiesSusquehanna International Group of Companies, IPO
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!