Suntech Power (STP) Could Decline 50% in Next 50 Days - Raymond James

February 6, 2013 11:17 AM EST Send to a Friend
Get Alerts STP Hot Sheet
Price: $0.53 --0%

Rating Summary:
    1 Buy, 11 Hold, 16 Sell

Rating Trend: = Flat

Today's Overall Ratings:
    Up: 26 | Down: 25 | New: 24
Trade STP Now!
Join SI Premium – FREE
Raymond James analyst Pavel Molchanov sees a 50% chance of a 50% sell-off in Suntech Power (NYSE: STP) on the next 50 days.

Molchanov said if the company was a non-Chinese PV manufacturer it would already be bankrupt. Suntech has convertible debt of over $500 million coming due within less than six weeks - March 15.

The analyst outline the possible outcomes that he sees. Outcome #1 (50% probability): Heavily dilutive equity issuance; Outcome #2 (35% probability): Bankruptcy; Outcome #3 (15% probability): Non-dilutive outcome.

For an analyst ratings summary and ratings history on Suntech Power click here. For more ratings news on Suntech Power click here.

Shares of Suntech Power closed at $1.58 yesterday.


Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!

You May Also Be Interested In





Related Categories

Analyst Comments, Hot Comments, Rumors, Trader Talk

Related Entities

Raymond James, Bankruptcy

Add Your Comment