SunTrust's Peck Remains on Sidelines Ahead of Amazon (AMZN) Q3
- Apple (AAPL) Tops Q4 EPS by 2c; Issues Solid Outlook
- Wall Street slips on earnings; Apple falls late after results
- Chipotle Mexican Grill (CMG) Posts Q3 EPS of $0.27; Comps Miss Views; Additional Stock Buyback Approved
- Pandora (P) Misses Q3 EPS by 1c, Q4 Revenue Guidance Falls Short
- After-Hours Movers 10/25: (OGXI) (AKAM) (VRTX) Higher; (EW) (NUVA) (CMG) (AAPL) Lower (more...)
Get access to the best calls on Wall Street with StreetInsider.com's Ratings Insider Elite. Get your Free Trial here.
SunTrust Robinson Humphrey analyst Robert Peck previewed Amazon.com's (NASDAQ: AMZN) Q3 results and bumped his price target to $850.00 (from $800.00). The firm maintained a Neutral rating.
Peck is expecting a strong, but in-line quarter. "Amazon guided to revenue of $31-$33.5B, which implies YoY growth of 22%-32%, vs Street at ~$32.7B, and relative to 31% growth in 2Q'16," he commented. "Top-line estimates appear reasonable, given the Prime flywheel is working, 3P is growing faster than 1P, and AWS adoption continues unabated. The operating income guide implies CSOI of ~$800M-$1.4B, vs the Street at ~$1.4B. We maintain our revenue estimate of $32.9B but raise our CSOI estimate modestly to $1.4B from $1.3B, which implies ~40 bps YoY margin expansion; our estimates are about in line with Street consensus."
While they continue to believe Amazon will benefit from the Prime flywheel, higher 3P adoption, and secular AWS growth. They remain Neutral on: 1) a lot of positive assumptions baked into Street expectations, 2) rising competition, which could impact revenue growth (~20% CAGR through 2020) and op margin expansion (~800 bps), 3) capital intensity is high, and 4) comps will remain tough in the near-term.
Shares of Amazon.com closed at $834.03 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Amazon (AMZN) PT Raised to $1050 at Goldman Sachs Into Q3 Print
- Cynosure (CYNO) PT, Estimates Trimmed at Stifel Despite Solid Results
- UBS Raises Price Target on Greenhill & Co. (GHL) to $17; Reiterates Sell
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS View, Analyst PT Change
Related EntitiesSunTrust Robinson Humphrey, Robert Peck
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!