SunTrust Robinson Humphrey Remains Sidelined on LPL Financial (LPLA) Following Mixed 3Q
- Noble Energy (NBL) to Acquire Clayton Williams Energy (CWEI) for $2.7B in Cash and Stock
- Nasdaq hits record; bank earnings validate Wall St. rally
- Intrawest Resorts (SNOW) Exploring a Possible Sale - Reuters
- Alibaba (BABA) Has No Plans to Acquire Rest of Groupon (GRPN) - Source
- Time (TIME) Said to Soon Begin Discussions with Interested Buyers - Bloomberg
Get the Pulse of the Market with StreetInsider.com's Pulse Picks. Get your Free Trial here.
SunTrust Robinson Humphrey reiterated a Hold rating on LPL Investment (NASDAQ: LPLA), and raised the price target to $36.00 (from $35.00), following the company's 3Q earnings report. LPL Financial reported EPS of $0.58 vs. $0.43 last year, which was higher than the $0.39 Street estimate. Revenues of $1.02 billion fell short of $1.03 billion estimates, and outperformance was mainly driven by cost management.
Analyst Douglas Mewhirter commented, "We maintain our Hold rating on LPLA shares following another strong quarter. The company reported strong margins and good asset growth, and we have increased our 4Q16 and 2017 EPS estimates to $0.40 and $2.25, from $0.38 and $1.94, respectively. Our price target rises to $36 from $35, which equals 15x 2017E EPS, plus a takeout option based on a 20% chance of a buyout at $42/share. Management has done very well controlling costs, and there is possibility for upside to this target if they can hit 2017 cost targets (and the market cooperates)."
Shares of LPL Investment closed at $30.99 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Wells Fargo Upgrades Tiffany & Co. (TIF) to Market Perform; Demand Trends Stabilizing
- FBR Capital Raises Price Target on Gentex Corp (GNTX) to $25 Following CES 2017
- Wedbush Raises Price Target on Wolverine World Wide (WWW) After Meeting with Management
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS Change, Analyst EPS View, Analyst PT Change
Related EntitiesSunTrust Robinson Humphrey, Earnings
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!