SunTrust Robinson Humphrey Remains Sidelined on Amazon.com (AMZN); Reiterates $850 Price Target
- Top 10 News for 12/2: Crude Rips on OPEC Cut; Starbucks' Schultz Steps Down; Nonfarm Payrolls Flat in Nov.
- Unemployment Rate Drops to 4.6%
- Bond yields slip on U.S. jobs data, euro steady before Italy vote
- Alibaba (BABA) Founder Jack Ma Discuss Plans to Retire; 'I Don't Want to Die at the Office'
- Starbucks Coffee (SBUX) CEO Howard Schultz to Step Down, Appointed Executive Chairman; Kevin Johnson New CEO
Get the Pulse of the Market with StreetInsider.com's Pulse Picks. Get your Free Trial here.
SunTrust Robinson Humphrey reiterated a Hold rating and $850.00 price target on Amazon.com (NASDAQ: AMZN) following the company's 3Q earnings report. Incremental margins for 3Q were just 2% on a consolidated basis. Retail incremental margins were -2% as North American margins expanded just 20bps and international margins fell on heavy investment. 4Q margins are expected to decline YoY.
Analyst Robert Peck commented, "Amazon reported strong 3Q unit, revenue and gross profit growth versus tougher comps. However, 4Q guidance for margins was below expectations and at the mid-point would represent the first operating margin decline in over 2 years as the company invests heavily in video, fulfillment/ Prime, grocery, India and other initiatives. Investments to expand Amazon’s core customer proposition and stickiness are prudent, though we believe there may be more near-term margin pressure for investors to discount; maintain Hold, $850 2017 PT, implying 0.6x GMV for retail and 7.5x Revenue for AWS."
Shares of Amazon.com closed at $818.36 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Brean Capital Cuts Price Target on G-III Apparel Group (GIII) Following 3Q Miss
- Jefferies Cuts Price Target on Workday (WDAY) to $71 Following 3Q
- Starbucks Coffee (SBUX): Regardless Of CEO Transition, Multiple Will Contract - Buckingham
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments
Related EntitiesSunTrust Robinson Humphrey, Earnings, Robert Peck
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!