SunTrust Robinson Humphrey Reiterates Buy as TD Ameritrade (AMTD) Announces Scottrade Acquisition
- Top 10 News for 12/2: Crude Rips on OPEC Cut; Starbucks' Schultz Steps Down; Nonfarm Payrolls Flat in Nov.
- Unemployment Rate Drops to 4.6%
- Bond yields slip on U.S. jobs data, euro steady before Italy vote
- Alibaba (BABA) Founder Jack Ma Discuss Plans to Retire; 'I Don't Want to Die at the Office'
- Starbucks Coffee (SBUX) CEO Howard Schultz to Step Down, Appointed Executive Chairman; Kevin Johnson New CEO
Get daily under-the-radar research with StreetInsider.com's Stealth Growth Insider Get your 2-Wk Free Trial here.
SunTrust Robinson Humphrey reiterated a Buy rating on TD Ameritrade (NASDAQ: AMTD), and raised the price target to $42.00 (from $38.00), following the company's 4Q earnings report and announced acquisition of Scottrade. The total consideration ($4 billion) and basic structure of the transaction were consistent with earlier reports. The deal strengthens AMTD's core online trading business, which has become increasingly competitive and scale-dependent.
Analyst Douglas Mewhirter commented, "We maintain our Buy rating on AMTD shares following an inline F4Q report and AMTD's announcement reaching an agreement to buy Scottrade (Private). We believe that the transaction should shore up TD Ameritrade's most vulnerable segment - online trading - and should give it more runway to diversify into feebased products and grow its RIA custody segment. Meanwhile, AMTD should be able to continue its generous capital return policy. We have lowered our F17E EPS to $1.64 from $1.73, and introduced a F18E EPS of $1.75. Our $42 price target (up from $38) reflects the added value from the merger."
Shares of TD Ameritrade closed at $35.46 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Jefferies Raises Price Target on US Physical Therapy (USPH) to $63 Following 12-Clinic Acquisition
- Jefferies Raises Price Target on Zumiez, Inc. (ZUMZ) to $23 Following 3Q
- Jefferies Cuts Price Target on Workday (WDAY) to $71 Following 3Q
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS Change, Analyst PT Change, Mergers and Acquisitions
Related EntitiesSunTrust Robinson Humphrey, Earnings, Definitive Agreement
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!