SunTrust Robinson Humphrey Reiterates Buy as TD Ameritrade (AMTD) Announces Scottrade Acquisition
- Record-setting rally pushes on as S&P ends week up 3 percent
- Trump's Cohn Pick Most Bullish Sign Yet for Banks - Cowen
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers: (IDXG) (INVN) (EBS) Higher; (SCON) (DTEA) (DLTH) Lower (more...)
- 21st Century Fox (FOXA) offers to acquire Sky for GBP10.75/share
- Coca Cola (KO) Announces James Quincey to Succeed Muhtar Kent as CEO; Kent to Continue as Chairman
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 2-week free trial here.
SunTrust Robinson Humphrey reiterated a Buy rating on TD Ameritrade (NASDAQ: AMTD), and raised the price target to $42.00 (from $38.00), following the company's 4Q earnings report and announced acquisition of Scottrade. The total consideration ($4 billion) and basic structure of the transaction were consistent with earlier reports. The deal strengthens AMTD's core online trading business, which has become increasingly competitive and scale-dependent.
Analyst Douglas Mewhirter commented, "We maintain our Buy rating on AMTD shares following an inline F4Q report and AMTD's announcement reaching an agreement to buy Scottrade (Private). We believe that the transaction should shore up TD Ameritrade's most vulnerable segment - online trading - and should give it more runway to diversify into feebased products and grow its RIA custody segment. Meanwhile, AMTD should be able to continue its generous capital return policy. We have lowered our F17E EPS to $1.64 from $1.73, and introduced a F18E EPS of $1.75. Our $42 price target (up from $38) reflects the added value from the merger."
Shares of TD Ameritrade closed at $35.46 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- TD Ameritrade (AMTD) Reports Early Termination of HSR Waiting Period for Scottrade Merger
- BMO Capital Cuts Price Target on Cooper Cos. (COO) Following 4Q Results
- Jefferies Adjusts Estimates on Ciena (CIEN) - PT to $29
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS Change, Analyst PT Change, Mergers and Acquisitions
Related EntitiesSunTrust Robinson Humphrey, Earnings, Definitive Agreement
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!