Summit Therapeutics (SMMT) PT Raised to $30 at Needham & Company Amid Sarepta Deal
- Top 10 News for 12/2: Crude Rips on OPEC Cut; Starbucks' Schultz Steps Down; Nonfarm Payrolls Flat in Nov.
- Unemployment Rate Drops to 4.6%
- Bond yields slip on U.S. jobs data, euro steady before Italy vote
- Alibaba (BABA) Founder Jack Ma Discuss Plans to Retire; 'I Don't Want to Die at the Office'
- Starbucks Coffee (SBUX) CEO Howard Schultz to Step Down, Appointed Executive Chairman; Kevin Johnson New CEO
Get access to the best calls on Wall Street with StreetInsider.com's Ratings Insider Elite. Get your Free Trial here.
Needham & Company analyst Chad Messer reiterated a Buy rating and raised his price target on Summit Therapeutics plc (NASDAQ: SMMT) to $30.00 (from $22.00) after the company licensed out European rights to Phase II candidate ezutromid to Sarepta.
Messer commented, "We believe this deal provides two key positives to Summit: cash needed to fund Phase II to a critical data readout, and validation from an established DMD company. The deal also allows for the future combination of dystophin and utrophin targeting therapies, which we believe has solid scientific rationale. We reiterate our Buy rating and are increasing our price target to $30 reflecting the financial de-risking and clinical validation from the deal."
Shares of Summit Therapeutics plc closed at $8.65 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Tesla's (TSLA) Price Target Cut to Street Low of $155 at Cowen
- Jefferies Cuts Price Target on Workday (WDAY) to $71 Following 3Q
- Cowen Cuts Price Target on Workday (WDAY) Following 3Q
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst PT Change, Momentum Movers
Related EntitiesNeedham & Company
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!